Spain - Canary Islands - Fuerteventura Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Fuerteventura.
Which company are you travelling with Raveen ?

Kath HT Admin
I booked this via teletext with a company called bookable holidays they have given me little information and I have seen the same information on Med Hotels.
Ah thanks, as I have been searching and none of the large tour operators seem to go there.

Kath x
Hi Raveen
I think this may be it:
I think it was possibly called 1-2 Fly Fun Club Ambar beach
here is a link to a satellite/map of the area you can almost see the colour of the bikinis if you zoom in.

http://www.trivago.co.uk/playa-de-esquinzo-31803/hotel/1-2-fly-fun-club-ambar-beach--94781/map

Its on the Esquinzo complex which is a couple of miles out of the centre of the Jandia resort area and fairly quiet as all the entertainment is hotel based, also unusually for this area it does not appear to have direct beach access.
I would imagine it will have 99% German clients.

nick :smokin
I have added this hotel to our review section.

If anyone has stayed at this hotel, please post your review HERE to help your fellow members.

Kath HT Admin
Hi

You are right this is a German hotel that has been re-named to Ambar.
They have just open it up to the British, I did some searches on Google and found some info in German..translated it and the Hotel had a good write up...but not that many reveiws to go on.
The beach is a little walk away...
Hope you have a great time.....
We booked with On The Beach and flying with XL from Gatwick....

Burgo
Thank you all for your feedback, I feel better with knowing this extra information and will add my comments to the hotel review section upon my return.
Some questions for Tina

Hi Tina

We are going to Ambar Beach hotel for 2 weeks on the 4th Aug and was wondering if I could ask some questions.

1. Is the Mini bar included

2. Did you stay in a Suite if so what was the sleeping arragements like as we have 2 children aged 4 & 8.

3. Did you go into Jandia if so was there a lot there.

4. Did you try the water sports on the Beach and can you remember how much the Jetskis was.

5. Was there Air conditioning in the rooms and is it extra.

6. Are there plenty of Sun lounges.

Thank you for your time and also a big thankyou for doing the Reveiw :lol:

Burgessfamily
it is certainly a detailed report- well done Tina, that really helps others :D
Hi,

Answers as follows:

1) There was no Mini bar in our room just an empty fridge also we asked for two keys and left one in the electricity slot to power the lights, air conditioning and the fridge mainly so we could power the last two items whist we were out.

2) We didn't have a suite as it was just two of us, so sorry but I can't help with this one.

3) We didn't go into Jandia itself, however we were told by other tourist that there isn't much around, Jandia is more of a place to chill out and relax. The main town does have a shopping mall and not much else which is about a 30 minute bus ride, however this is third hand information I am passing on so not sure how accurate it is.

4) Again we didn't try the water sports as it was closed when we were there, I did see some people going out on catamarans however when you come down to beach from the hotel you need to go right to get to these, I did not see any water sports if you walk left down the beach.

5) There is air-conditioning in the room and it does not cost extra.

6) When we were there we didn't have a problem to get a sunlounger, please bear in mind that my partner was room bound due to sun burn for 5 days! So I sunbathed on our terrace, I have been told that during July & August it can be more difficult, not sure how true this is.

I am happy to answer any other questions you may have and please don't forget to use a high level sun cream especially on your children as you really don't realise how strong the sun is with the wind, take care and don't forget to post a review on the hotel it will be nice to have a good comparison of views.

Tina
Sorry I forgot to add that I am happy to add some photos of the beach/hotel however I am not sure if this facility is available?
Hi Tina

You can upload your holiday photos HERE :wink:

Pippy :D
Hi I wounder if someone can help were due to go to the above place in 2 wees time but havin read reviews im a bit concerned that Jandia is far too qiet, we are stayin for 2 weeks and I was just woundering if someone has some tips on things to do for the 2weeks.

Plus any car hire companies that my boyfriend would be able to drive as he's only 19.

Any bit of information is well apriciated Thanks
Hi 182chick

Have you read the resort reports HERE?
You'll find a small amount of info regarding nightlife HERE.

Pippy :D
Thanks Pippy il take a look
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.