Spain - Canary Islands - Gran Canaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Gran Canaria.
Hi bigdenis10uk, :wave
http://www.islascanariastours.com/cgi-bin/rez60load.pl?transfers/book-transfers.html
Can't tell you anything about that area, but can tell you we use OWEN on the above link, very realiable and efficient, just fill in the form on the above link and get a quote without obligation to book. We always use him everytime we go to GC. Once outside the airport doors the driver takes your cases and you don't have to touch them until he gets them out of the car in your resort, and the same on the return trip back to the airport.
Hi
Taxi ride to puerto rico 3-4 euros,on anfi itself,places to eat,bars,beach watersports,shops...and a lacoste shop!! none of which are cheap,in the bars you will pay 4 euros for just a coke,place is pure luxury(with luxury prices) we go every August,most people buy there drinks and snacks from the spa shop.We eat in our apartment a few nights,then go into puerto rico the other nights to eat,much cheaper!(kitchens have dishwasher,wash machine,fridge freezer etc)Taxi to and from airport,get an online quote from link below,very good service.Things to do,waterparks,boat trips.
feel free to ask anymore questions.

Boots
yeah, i hought it might be quite expnsive there these days, especially with the exchange rate these days :( so i was thinking having breakfast and lunch in the room, then going out for dinner, but purto rio is the place to go, is it?

how far is everything else?

what sites are there to see , i like to have days out whilst i'm on holiday, so was just thinking about seeing some of the attraction in gran canaria, as long as they ain't too far away (have a pet peeve about paying the earth for cabs and stuff haha).

i have been looking for a map on the net, but can't seem to find a good one, i just wanna know how far the other resorts are from puerto rico, like maspalomas and pala de ingles?

i have been looking on other sites for restaurants ans stuff, but thought i'd post up here, nothing like someone elses first hand experience.

thanks for the help. :wave:
http://www.gran-canaria-info.com/forum/index.php
Hi bigdenis10uk, Try the above link lots of people on there who live in GC and will probably be able to give you a link to a good map,
The weather will be great in the canarys in october!friends of ours have got the bus to playa del ingles and maspalomas,from outside anfi,not sure how long it takes but they said it was cheap and a frequent service.What sort of day trips you after?large waterpark in maspalomas,boat trip to try and see dolphins from pureto rico? We always buy fresh rolls from the spar shop on site,and cold drinks and eat them round the pool for lunch,its a bit different from staying in a hotel,there is also a pizza takeaway place there which deliver to your apartment,much cheaper than the bella pasta on site!puerto rico is lively,bars resturants and shops,but if you want clubs? playa del ingles is the place to go!
boots
Is the water park worth a trip? i've seen pictures of it and it looks quite good, i don't think i'll bother with boat trips, but maybe i'll feel different when i'm there?

how much is the cab to playa del ingles? is it good, we're both 30, so although i still think of myself as young, we're definately not into drinking loads of cheap drinks and being sick in the gutter haha, well maybe sometimes :cheers haha, but seriously, at that time of year, it probably wouldn't be full of kids anyway, i suppose? that would be more summertime wouldn't it? i'll defiantely make a trip in at night, how much is the cab, do you know?

thanks for all the help :)
Hi Bigdennis
Not sure bout taxi price,I've stayed in pdi twice,so never go over there when i'm at Anfi.Had a week in playa de ingles last month without my kids! I didnt find it full of youngsters,nor when i went one year in June,and im 38!! in my opinion Puerto Rico is lively enough at night for couples,lively bars and places to eat.I think the water park is worth a trip,there is also the yumbo centre,(gay centre)which has drag shows,and bars and clubs,funny if there's a group of you,but could be cringey if there's just two of you,as they involve the crowd!!! There's a dinner and show at a place called Garbos,never been myself but it looks good and have heard good reports.Have a look on the Canary forum,if you haven't already.
Boots
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.