Spain - Balearics - Majorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Majorca.
Wont stop me from going in 52 days time.

:sun2 :sun2 :sun2
Yep, 20 days to go, nothing's going to hold us back.
We're going this Saturday, it won't stop us either, can't wait :)
i know there as only been 3 posts to this thread. but it is a shame all 3 comments have been the same "its not going to stop me" not one comment on the Devastation and upset that this bomb and the others that have caused to the local people of this island. its not has if i put the title "willl this stop you going" never mind as long as your all right never mind the rest of them.
We were there when the first ones went off and the two policemen got killed :( Did not deter me or spoil my holiday
Hi Little Legs
These bombs are terrible for the people of Majorca, both the damage physically and financially that they are meant to cause. But it is good so see people stating that they will not be put off their holidays, because that is what these terrorists are trying to do.
The people of Spain have stood firm against these terrorists for 40 years and it is good to see tourists defying the threats and carrying on with their holidays.

Robert
  • Edited by BIG RED 2009-08-11 16:51:11
You're being a little precious "little legs". As "Big Red" says, some of us just wanted to state that we love Mallorca and its people and nothing these scum do will stop us visiting. You might want to weigh that up and appreciate it.
well if this was said in the first place. then i would of not have said anything, its nothing to do with me been precious as you put it. just the one liner repiles that hit home. yes i agree this should not stop people going to this island. :tup
Little legs my response was not meant to be a ' stuff the locals its not my problem' type of answer. I was showing my support [in my own little way], for the decent, hard working people, who have had this outrage thrust upon there wonderful island. Unlike some people who, according to a travel agent friend, as soon as the first bomb went off. Were straight into change holiday destinations, "in case a bomb spoils our holiday" !!!! :duh I wont let the terrorist win.
So sorry if I gave the wrong impression with my reply.

Anyway 50 days to go :tup :sun2 :tup :sun2
Lazy binman has it 100% right and my sentiments are very much with the loverly island and people, if we stay away the terroists have won and alot of people wont have a job as tourism is a large part of there economy.
I think we have to get the bombs into perspective. Palmanova was more serious, but it was directed against the Guardia, which is a usual target for ETA. The Palma bombs were only small. One went off in a restaurant that had not been evacuated because the voice of the person who made the warning call was disguised and the name was not heard correctly, otherwise it too would have been evacuated. Compared to attacks in other places, such as Turkey and Egypt, where tourists were in the front line and which were far bigger blasts, these were really very minor, intended to cause panic and that's about all. Understandable maybe that some decide to cancel or not come, but we've known far, far worse in Britain down the years. The bombs won't deter people as most can see them for what they are.
Well said Andrew. The tourist industry gives a great many people employment and all these acts of terrorism affect tourism. We must support the majorcan people by continuing to visit the Island .It really doesn't mean we are only thinking of our holidays "little legs" This is a forum for those who really love the Island and their people.Your remarks were a little insensitive.
I in no way intended to be flippant little legs, like lazy binman I was showing support in that terrorists will not stop me from going to the beautiful Island of Majorca, but I know where you're coming from in that if you had of put in your title 'will this stop you going'. I was brought up in the troubles in N.Ireland and have been in the vicinity of bombs, the fear never leaves you and the devastation that it brings :( Tourists were afraid of going there on holiday and we have the most beautiful scenery and beaches, I think that's why I love Majorca so much, it's home from home if you know what I mean. My husband is in the Army and will deploy to Afghan. next year so we won't be having a planned holiday to Majorca as we usually do, I intend to enjoy this holiday and meet up with my penpal from Pollensa :) In 48 hours I will be sitting in Cala Dor and I can't wait :cheers xx
We were in Cala D'or when the bombs went off in Palma, we would'nt have known anything about it had we had not seen it on the headline of a British newspaper. I absolutely love Majorca especially Cala D'or and as everyone has said the best way we can give our support is to keep holidaying there which is something I intend to do :tup
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.