Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
also can anyone suggest any good hotels in antalya,somewhere in the old town would be nice,how far is side from antalya would here be a better place to stay or alanya??
We drove from Olu Deniz, nr. Fethiye, to Adrasan which I think is about an hour away from Antalya, in June this year and it took about three and a half hours. We went along the coast road past Kalkan and Kas with no problems, in fact it was a nice drive, very scenic, and the roads were mainly quiet.
Idris.Side is 2 hours away and Alanya 3 both in the wrong direction from Marmaris.Having lived in Antalya for the last six years I can assure all that there is nothing wrong with it.there are a number of very good Hotels in the Old town.Hotel Marina springs to mind.If you google Antalya hotels or use Expedia .co.uk then you will find something to suit you.Lara Beach hotel is very nice and about 2 K from my house.Not much to do outside the hotel but maybe people don't want to go out.Antalya to fethiye is a good road whether you go over the mountains ( quicker ) or along the more scenic D400 Coast road.Mountain is about 3.5 hours and coast around 5.0 hours.Enjoy your holiday.

Ian
thanks for that,what is the dolmus service like from lara beach to antalya,we will have a car but i am presuming antalya is a busy city so using the dolmus will be easier,we will most definatley want to get out and about rather than stay in the hotel.The drive over the mountain road sounds good i was estimating a 4/5 hour drive might just do a straight run to marmaris now.Any other info on the area is greatly appriciated
Re the dolmuÅŸ.from lara beach there are 3 DolmuÅŸ that run to Antalya Centre.105 ( all year ) 102 and 103.Not sure if the last two only run during the season.Antalya Centre is a nightmare to drive through.I never take the car just catch a DolmuÅŸ.Fares are 1.5 TL eachAll the DolmuÅŸ pass by the Hotel and you are able to flag them down.hope this helps.

Ian
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.