Tour Operators and Travel Agents

Discussions regarding Tour Operators and Travel Agents
No not really fair, but they can probably do it :( (Am sure they will have covered themselves in the small print somewhere).

Kath HT Admin
Not really fair in the sense that they have your booking so '*** you' is their current attitude, but I guess they are in the travel business to make money.

Legally I am sure they than can do this. It will be offered to try to sell the last few holidays on a given date & is an 'incentive to book' for new bookers.

It's not just the difference between 160 and 399 they are trading, but the opportunity to sell a complete holiday to 4 people, so much more money is at stake than 240 quid.

I would still ring periodically if you are that keen, they may have no takers and end up grateful for your 160 quid verses nothing. :duh

It's also worth asking at check in, we've had airtour's flight attendants walking up and down the plane trying to flog their feeble-equivalent (not as good as SC prem) once we were in our seats for 25 quid per person. :really
I posted it on complaints becaus it is one, but I wanted it on here to see if I could get any advice from a travel agent.
Not everyone looks in all the different forums.
We had this exact thing last year with Thomas Cook.. booked holiday really early due to OH work.. i then 'watched' the premium supplement fall on TC website and rang the travel agent when it hit about £70 each asking if we could upgrade? They called head office and the answer was no, it's an incentive to help sell remaining holidays................................ however a week later, (3 weeks before holiday/week before tickets would have been issued) we got a call from agent asking if we wanted to upgrade for £40 each !! It was a different agent and not the one i'd spoken to previously and she didn't know i'd asked about them before so it didn't seem connected or anything but it seems that they will not discount until right at the last minute and then they ring round offering them :)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.