Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Yes been for a stroll on Candolim Siquerim beach, still many sand tubes around and lots of monsoon debris which will be cleaned up before the season, dont know how long they are leaving sand tubes on the beach, Palm and sands and The Marquis have deteriated a bit more and will never recover what they have lost, Calamari shack area is not too bad, there shack is still intact and the beach bed area is up until today still ok, but the shack next door to Calamari have lost all of there spot, Candolim beach from Calamari towards Calangute no change.
thanks Sfelts.Not long til we arrive for 3 weeks holiday :sun2
Tried to walk along to the steps at the end on Sinquerm beach today at low tide but failed. From the Calimari shack it was impossible. There were two JCB diggers on the beach shifting sand from the low water mark and trying to bolster up the beach, a total mess. A few days ago I managed to get past but there's then a line of rocks where the Taj wall is, and at all but the lowest tide it presents a big problem. I would say that section of the beach is lost for good now. Very sad when you remember it as it was a few years ago.
alan
Received this email from Godfrey and Victor of the Baywatch Shack yesterday.

We not on beach as yet as there are problems for all shacks, and we ourselves have a big problem for our patch, may not get the same spot or not be on the beach at all. We are trying but it is going to be difficult.

Things dont look good for any of the lads down that end of the beach.

GM06
Ian
A shot of Sinquirim beach from 1999 excuse the quality

http://i39.tinypic.com/24brrys.jpg
WE returned from Sinquerim on Sunday, the diggers have been working really hard and have managed to reinstate the beach as far as the two shacks nearest to Kingfisher Villa. Blue Waves have started on their shack, but it seems a bit pointless really as the beach from there right down to the Fort appears beyond redemption. Those of you who know Victor and Godfrey at Baywatch will be sad to learn that there bit of beach is the worst affected and there in no shack there as yet.The sea is almost inaccessible unless you bring climbing boots.They have started on a small shack, but are not sure whether to go ahead or not.
Any news on Baywatch Shack? Thought I'd look them up in January.
Any news on Baywatch Shack? Thought I'd look them up in January.

I received this email from Victor & Godfrey about an hour ago.
Thought i would share the news with people who know them
it does not look good for them for next season.

Hi Ian
Thanks for your email.
We ok here in Goa, hope alls well in England

Shack is ok for this season, [we hope],
Good news is that we have managed to keep our shack and our spot on the beach.
It may be ready by Friday, will tell you sum interesting stories.

We asked for a miracle n by God we got one. Thank you for all your emails.
The beach our end is a mess, and more beach has been washed away,
We still trying to get electricity, no complaints about business, this most likely maybe our last season on beach or with the shack.

Weather is fine big blue sky n hot sun.
Are you getting ready to come out.

Best wishes
Good and bad news. I will pop in and see them when I'm there in 3 weeks.

:cheers
How very sad.Breaks your heart to think of how much the River Princess fiasco has done to peoples livings

Papa
According to "The River Princess" post it's only affecting 500 meters. :think
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.