Bulgaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Bulgaria
You may have to wait for a while for a realistic reply as Balkan's first flight of the season only left the UK on 1st May. Also some bars, restaurants, etc., may well not yet have opened this early in the (extremely extended) season.
hi lubo25 what date ya going in july we go the 4th its our first time back there in 5 years cant wait to find out how much it has changed hotel wise and price wise when we went 1st time the lev was 3 to the pound got a price the other day of 1.99 but we always get ours in bulgaria we know it has gone up but it is still better value for money than most places in europe we have friends going in 4 weeks so i will be able to tell ya more then :cheers
Hi topofthetower we are going the 31st of July. I remember it well when it was 3 levs to the pound. Last year we were getting 2.45 in the Bulgarian banks in Sunny Beach and 2.48 in the bank in Nessebar but even at 1.99 it is better value than most places in Europe at the moment given the current climate. Over the last 5 years that we have been to Sunny Beach there are a lot more hotels been built but i have still to find one that beats the Iberostar Sunny Beach Resort ! What hotel are you going to ? Look forward to hearing what your friends say and enjoy your stay on the 4rth.
hi lubo25 we are staying at the junona the 3* part not the 2* the 2* is pretty rough but we have stayed in the 3* twice before and we love it there hope you have a fab time too :cheers
hi just back sunny beach here are some prices all in lvs bistro billys 14.99 steak auld hoose 1lv big beer viceroy red 30lv lambert bensons 40 lv golden virgina 9 lv pack 90lv for 10 flirt vodka ltr12lv maccy d big mac meal10lv coffee1.49 cone 99stinkies kuban waterpark deck chair 5lv water slide and chair all day pass14lv hotel pomirie fridge 7lv day fan 4lv day safety deposit 7lv day hope this helps airport accepts levs no meal on balkan flight each way no drink there but bar on way back had great holiday :sun2 :wave:
got back yesterday.... 1 pound is 2.20 lev on average at the mo...... as a family of four we spend £1200 and enjoyed every penny. most of the bars do happy hours, the beers range from a lev to 2.99 lev and cocktails around 7-8 lev, but of course you get one free. best tip, always ask the server if it's happy hour, and even if not they usually say yes anyway
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.