Bulgaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Bulgaria
Hi Suzie

Know St Konstantin very well, in fact stayed at the Grand Hotel Varna last September.
I have never been in the Panorama but know exactly where it is. I believe it has been redeveloped from the former rest home called in the past Dom Minori.

It is on the main Varna-Golden sands road about 5-10 minutes walk to the beach, and very close to the bus stop.

The prices are a bit cheaper than G.S. but not as cheap as Varna.

There is a little train which goes around the resort but doesn't pass the Panorama unfortunately you would need to walk a couple of minutes through the woodland to get it.

Anything else, please ask.

Patka
Hi Suzie,

Stayed in Sveti Konstantin (St Konstantine) in 2004 and I occasionally pop in there on a day trip when I'm in Bulgaria.

It's a much quieter resort than Sunny Beach & Golden Sands (and much better for that in my opinion) and prices are closer to 'real' Bulgarian prices - yes there is a 'noddy train' which goes around the resort.

From a Google search, the Panorama appears on several German tour operators' websites. There is a lane from the bus stop near the Panorama which is a short cut into the resort - it takes you past Kopitoto Restaurant, a couple of supermarkets and the main resort bus stop for Varna.

There's a 2004 photo of the beach HERE and the Kopitoto Restaurant HERE.

Hope this helps,

Baldur
Hi Patka, thanks for reply bit confused in balkan broucher it has it marked near the bus stop on the little map, but says 200m to beach in the hearth of sveti, jet the one next to it is 800m to beach, managed to find a map on the web and it has it mark at the other end near the supermarket which would make it nearer the beach. :? Maybe someone has actually stayed there and can throw some light on it.
Suzie
It's more than 200m to the beach, via the shortcut which I mentioned above - the hotel is at the side of the main Varna-Golden Sands road.

Baldur
Hi Baldur, thanks for that you can never trust the brouchers can you
Suzie
I can see where the confusion lies.

There are two areas of beach, the nearest one is by the Sirius hotel and will be about 200mtrs, the other one near the Dolphin Hotel will be about 800 mtres passing the restaurant Baldur mentioned.

Patka
That makes me feel better, can you recommend some good places to eat and is there any entertainment anywhere.
Suzie
Click Here For our resort reports of this area.
St Konstantin has always been a favourite of mine. Went to Albena last year as I wanted to see what it was like, that was lovely too, it possibly beats St K purely with a better beach but both are much more to my liking that Golden Sands or Sunny Beach. I am sure you will enjoy it. Am off to a small village between Varna and Albena in April, to stay with friends, it will be cold but the good food etc will more than make up for the lack of heat.
Hi, I love St Konstantin (Drouzhba). We have been going for 22 years. Seen many changes in that time. Its not the same as before but its still the best chilling place in the world for me. If you want peace and quiet then its the place to go. Enjoy it.
Thanks to all for your replies, can anyone recommend some good places to eat.
Suzie
Suzie,

The problem with reccommending restaurants is that what suits one person does not neccessarily suit another.

The restaurant may have changed hands or even closed down and been replaced with something entirely different.

The good chef may be having his day off.

Don't worry there are lots to choose from and all at reasonable prices.

We found the one opposite the Grand Hotel Varna very good last year, but who knows this.

Didn't enjoy the Italian at the Grand Hotel , felt it was over-priced but others may disagree.

Patka
Hi.
I have just an apartment near st konstantine purely because it is a lovely place. It is its own resort with lovely hotels and swimming pools and a great beach.
Food is cheap and good quality, i love Bulgaria and that area so thats why i decided to buy there.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.