Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
If you paid the original air fare by a credit card and the cost was £100 or more put the responsibility on the credit card issuer. Under section 75 of the credit act they are equally liable with the merchant.
in practice, you ring up your credit card company, explain the circumstances, they place this value on hold meaning you do not need to pay it when the balance becomes due and you pay no interest on that part.
You've probably already paid the bill relating to the statement upon which the original flight charge occured....so get the credit card company to credit back to you the original cost - this permits you to buy new tickets without laying-out any extra money.

Section 75 - it's wonderful - rarely purchase flight tickets other than by credit card.
Thanks Mike, I'll remember that for future reference as a lady from bmi refunds has called me back and the money should be on the card tomorrow. Hurrah!

Very good to know that regarding CC's though.

Thanks again!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.