Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Tusan Beach
26 Posts
For anyone going: i have just noticed that Google earth has gone higher resolution around this area and apart from the hotel, you can clearly see the rides for adaland just to the north of the Tusan, and just over the hill is Aquafantasy. Surprising how close it all is.
Sorry to ressurect this thread but I booked a few months ago for end Aug next year for myself, DH and our 5 teenaged kids. Reviews were really good at the time - just noticed that over this August period the reviews here and on Trip Advisor and Holiday Watchdog have gone downhill :yikes - lots of complaints about food, drink running out, understaffed and hotel being too busy and unable to cope with guest numbers and air conditioning being poor etc..... can anyone who has returned from a trip in August please update me ref what the issues and situation is. Want to arrange to transfer somewhere else if it is really likely to be this bad. Thanks all :wave
Shelly
I have just returned from Tusan (1st September) I was there last year and things have changed, drinks run out quickly, the bar inside also did not open until after 8pm this time. The main bar sometimes only had two bar staff and this resulted in people ordering extra drinks because of the time it took to get served. We were told that the staff has been cut by a third, because the hotel is going to be refurbished next year, so they are winding down.
We took our own spirits which was fine until they run out of mixers, so we had to buy them as well from the shop.
This did not stop me from enjoying myself, and things improved slightly in the second week when the hotel was not as full. I am sure by the time you go next year all this would have been sorted out and you will have a great time.
Lesley
Thanks for that Lesley - do you happen to know when next year they will be refurbishing? Assume it will be in time for the peak season? Maybe all will be ok then. It's just that I had a bad experience with the last European holiday I booked which also happned to be through First Choice and also had bad reviews before I went but I chose to chance it and it really was very bad.
Shelly
Sorry but I do not know, we was just told next year, also the animation team have been given new equipment but were told they could not use this until next year, so assume this coincides with the refurb.
I am sure you will have a great time, we did.
Lesley
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.