Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Hi Lesley, I can't help but I know a man who can, hang slack!
Lesley Hi!

You last went five years ago - well theres a few changes in store!

The Tusan I already know has received mixed reviews and throughout last season many people continued to complain about the lack of service and the "bland" food that was offered on the all inclusive menu.

The hotel is about 5km outside the main town of Kusadasi and if you have teenagers OR if you yourself like to mix in with the Kusadasi Town crowd, you may find the Tusan a little too isolated.

Tusan is in a small village area called Kustur - in itself very nice and has a good beach and watersports.

Kustur also has a half a dozen restaurants, the most popular being the Tulip Lale however, they basically all offer the same and after 1 or 2 nights, its all of a muchness.

Taxis are expensive into Kusadasi (petrol is v expensive in Turkey)
and the free rides into town by restaurants see you pay another way (if you understand what I mean)

The biggest problem with the Tusan is that they are right on the edge of a MAJOR redevelopment site. Some 500 yards away Kusadasi are building a MASSIVE conference centre.

The center itself will be located between the Adaland Water Park and the Tusan.

Normally, during the season - all development work is forbidden however, in this case and because of the importance of the center generating future business for Kusadasi, they have no restrictions and as of today they are STILL working 24 hours a day with JCBs and Diggers!

Avoid it like the plague and look at The Palm Club Apartments instead!

On the edge of Kustur - a great family holiday and great reviews!

Hope this helps!
thanks for helping shorty

Merv thanks, we are not due to go until the 18th August lets hope the building work is completed by then, I am going to take up praying. I'm not telling the teenagers though, they will be happy with free beer, we are A.I. I will just have to make sure that we all have plenty of efes, and I need to lose a few pounds anyway.
Please tell me there is still a market there, I can at least treat my self to some retail therapy :) I think it would be too late to book elsewhere as there are a few of us going and it took long enough to organise this :roll:
Thanks again Lesley
Hi, We stayed there about 2 years ago and we had teenagers, There was lots of teenagers there when we went as the child prices go up to 16 there is a disco where most if them hang out and plenty of activities in the day so they never got bored, as for the market yes there is a big one in Kusadasi and the dolmus stops right outside the hotel and drops you of in the centre. The buses cost about 50p each so vey cheap. There is also 2 big water parks near by which you can also catch the bus to right outside the hotel so although the hotel is isolated you are near all the facilities. We had a great time when we went and didn't find the food as bad as some make out there are several different restaurants you can eat in which are included in the price. I hope this is of some help to you.
Redjoe
thanks Redjoe it sound like you had a good time,
I eat anything so I am sure there will be something to eat so that doesn't really worry me too much, as long as the hotel is clean, and they don't mind me getting plastered. :glynis
I love Turkey and the people, and five years ago they couldn't keep me off the karaoke :oops: - its amazing how much a few efes changes the way you act.
I'm glad the market is still there I can feel a spending spree coming on
Do you know of any good jewelry shops :?:

Thanks Lesley
There are loads of jewellery shops in Kusadasi and the hotel even has its own jewellers which were very reasonable,quite a few people we met there bought rings etc and got them for a good price, they will clean and polish your old jewellery as well. There is also a hairdressers, leather shop, souvenier shop and a bag shop in the hotel which were all quite reasonable. I'm sure you will have a good time .
PS have you looked at their website http://www.hoteltusan.com
Check the forum for previous posts about the Tusan as there are a few tips etc.
We found the best way to treat the restaurant was to get a small amount of something and sit and eat it, if it is any good get more if not try something else. It was worth queuing for the pancakes and eggs. Get the rest of the food afterwards. Surprising the number of people in queues with hot food going cold when it makes more sense to do the smaller queu last. The restaurant also had a couple of food areas and the offerigs in both were often different. One is right by the entrance and so everyone goes to it, wheras the one by the garden is not so well used and sometimes had better food.
I have commented else where on the JMC trips ! Don't do the boat trip unless it has changed dramatically. At one point on ours the wind changed and we were so deep and far out that no one could make headway against the current. Luckily it dropped and a strong swimmer went and rounded people up or there would have been a damper on the hols.

Do your own trips to the waterparks and Ephesus via the dolmus from the front gate. Both parks have different rides and are worth going to for the variety. Ephasus on your own is more relaxing.
The softdrinks are in small plastic cups. I have found out from the carribean forum that they take insulated mugs with lids so it may be worth taking some to Turkey for convenience. Wish I'd thought of it then!
:D Hi Gildle. We are also going to the Tusan on 11th of August. 11 of us also from Essex so maybe we will bump into each other - kids ranging from 1-17 so hope there is something for all ages.

Never been to Turkey before so hope the building work is completed.

Just about to pay the blance of the holiday now so we are all on a countdown.
:D Hi we have booked this for next yr 9 of us age ranging from 45 to 5 yrs so im looking forward to your reports on return have a good holiday :D
Stayed at the tusan last september and took a few photos of it if you send me your email address i will send them to you

Dave :D
Satcom (dave) have sent you a PM with my e-mail address thanks.

Julieh
Hope I will bump into you, we have 2 girls 19 - 1 boy 18 - 3 boys 15 - 1 boy 11 and 4 grown-ups :lol: We will stick out like sore thumbs we will be the ones that look like milk bottles :lol:
You will love Turkey have been a couple of times before and loved it.
The people are so friendly. Turkey is a beautiful country.
Cannot wait have also paid the balance so now counting of the days.

Lesley
:D Hi Lesley,
Hopefully we will be turning a nice shade of bronze by then - hopefully not impersonating lobsters.

There are 5 adults (I use the term loosley), 4 boys 17,16,14 & 12 and two girls 6 & 1. The baby is the biggest menace so watch out for her!!!

See U There.

Julie
:) Hi Satcom2 - Dave

Did you get my e-mail address ok :?: Have you managed to sort out some photos for me yet :?:
I wasn't sure if there was a problem with my e-mail address.

Looking forward to receiving them :D
Thanks Lesley
We also stayed in the Tusan last August and had a really good time, (I posted a review on this site under the names of Paul, Deb & Adrian).

Just before we went to Kusadasi last year they closed down the weekly market apparently due to complaints from all the traders with shops in and around the Bazzars. The only market that carried on was the local food and produce market.

If you would like any photos or info contact me with an e-mail address via my PM address and I will foreward them to you.

Paul
:D Roadgiant

Thanks very much for your reply, I have PM my e-mail address to you.

thanks again
Lesley
has anyone stayed in the Seaview Apartments in Kusadassi?? Or even know of them?
Hello!! I have just returned from a 2 week AI holiday at the tusan beach resort in kusadasi, Turkey and loved it, I also went last year and this year had an even better time!!

The Animation team were great, big hellos go to Diesel, Gizmo and Kim, Coco and DJ Frosty, they were brill we had a great time and they all made us feel very welcome, we have kept in tocu and plan to return in October.

The hotel itself is clean and well looked after, they have evening entertainment and a nightclub open till 2am, watch out for the security they;re a bit boring and dont let you have much fun afterwards, I would suggest heading down to the 'village' to the 'Mese Bar' Say hi from Gem and Larissa, free cocktails, Wahey!!

We went as a 5 myself and my partner, his daughter (5) my sister in law and a friend, we all enjoyed it, the Restaurants are a little bland to be honest, you'll need plenty of salt and pepper to flavour your food, LOL.

There is also a fab photographer if you get the chance get him to take some pics, he is very good ang gets some great sunset shots.

All in all i cant complain I love this place!! The markets i found wernt that good but then you soon realise it all shrinks when you get home!! LOL

If your going this year enjoy it, Get to know the animation team there good guys, and say hey from us!! Gem, Russell and Larissa, yeh right!!

Seriuosly tho this place rock, Have a great time.

Gemma 23, With holiday Blues!!
hi going there in the first 2 weeks in july how good was it for this year .
how far is it from kusadasi
how is it for kids( ie some thing to do in the day time )
how is the food, and the the all inclusive from this hotel
thank you from chick011
Hi, we went to the Tusan a few years ago,we loved Kusadasi, enough to go back again a couple of years later, but although we loved the layout and facilities at the Tusan, we found it lacking a little in cleanliness. But as I said, it was a few years ago and things have probably changed somewhat since then. Can anyone tell me if Martin and Freddie`s restaurant is still there, it was immediately across the road from the hotel, up some quite steep steps, and the food was great!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.