Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
I would definitely take a cardi or jacket, it does get a bit chilly now once the sun goes down.
Never mind a cardi i just seen the weather reports for next week i need an umbrella. :cry
We got back from Altinkum yesterday and my OH didn't need one the whole fortnight but do as Kedi says and take both just in case. Yesterday at midday it was 35c !! Have a great time.
Les
Angie,dont bother with an umbrella as if it rains it sometimes comes with thunder and lightening!
I have just packed those plastic poncho things that you get at Disney and Seaworld :rofl
We have just got back from lara beach Antalya and it was very hot and warm at night. Didnt need a cardigan.
I have looked at ALL the weather forecasts and it seems the rain will be on Tuesday and Wednesday,but only showers,some thundery :rofl
Hopefully it will arrive at night as the lightening is spectacular to watch. :yikes
Take brolly and waterproof, but you will have great time, dont worry better than England
Big change in the night time weather last night. Much colder but still dry.

Wilson ;)
Just back from Gumbet and didn't need a cardi while we were there as it was still warm at night. However, reports weren't very good for this week and there was definately a little chill in the air the last night!
I got back from Gumbet on 10th, the temps were around 35oC for 2 weeks in the daytime, and fine by night. although on the night we were flying home, you could see your breath in front of you at Bodrum airport. It was abit cold.!!
Returned two hours ago...pack your thermals!!! :( :( :(
Just back from a week at Calis Beach,fabulously hot weather,nights where warm,shirt and shorts,went to Hisaranou one night,a lot cooler there, but all the resturants had wood burners,great atmosphere.
Just back from Icmeler 12 out of 14 days were pure sunshine, 2 were overcast and cloudy with some sunshine, Lowest temp during day was 25, Highest temp was 37. Darkness temprerature was never below 22.
Just back from two weeks in Belek ,only one day overcast with just the slightest hint of rain ,the rest were glorious .

Bluepeterno1
Just got back from parkim ayaz hotel gumbet on monday. Definately needed a cardi at night as a bit chilly.
Overall had a nice relaxin time with hubby ..weather bit dissapointing only had a few days of sun mostly cloudy windy and couple of wet ones. It lashed down on our 1st night.. so we just soaked up some drink at the cozzy bar until i had to pay 12ytl for a baileys n iice :yikes . I knew i should've bought a bottle at airport :duh

I have added review on hotel.
Just back from Side..... was on average 32 degrees.... was overcast first two days but sun broke through. When clocks changed it was notably coller and windier. Check forecast on our last day and is around 25 now.
we got back today and the weather wasnt that good in olu deniz, we had quite a few days of rain showers lasting up to 4 hrs, out of 12 days we only had about 6 full sunny days the rest was either cloudy or rainy grrr
Side was very cold at night...warmer than the day here though! Defininitely needed at least a jacket (we wore 3 cardigans one night). Days very warm...probably low 30s. Sea was colder than expected, and pools absolutely freezing.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.