Spain - Balearics - Majorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Majorca.
Hello!

We stayed at The Lagotel in Play De Muro and had a fantastic time! Our room was facing a lake and we did have to be careful regarding mozzies. Made sure the patio doors were never left open, air conditioning was luckily in our room. We were never bitten once by them
It is a quick walk to the beach from here, ideal location and a beautiful beach.
Cheers Bar was always a good place to eat and also right on the front was an English bar (think it was called The Swan) which was nice.
Lovely for evening strolls with the local markets etc.
I would defo stay there again - also its comnvinient for Alcudia
We have been to Playa de Muro 4 times in the last 8 years and only noticed the mozzies last year , however a liberal supply of repelent before we went out in the evening sorted it.
We have previously stayed in the Eden Alcudia and Las Gaviotas appartments , both of which we liked .
The Cheers bar is pretty good for childrens entertainment from around 9pm , although we did hear they were trying to sell it at the end of last years season .
The Swan , right by the beach , also does some half decent entertainment in the evening and most hotels will also run their own stuff .
As for eating out it depends what you are after , plenty of English (everything with chips) type food . There is a nice Tex Mex place a short taxi ride or aout a 25 min walk up the road towards Can Picafort (it also has a play area for young children , if you have any)
However the best palce I have eaten there is Neuvo Rancho , it is a few doors away from The Eden Alcudia hotel and is well worth a visit .
Hope this helps , but please feel free to message me if you have any more questions.
my 9 yr old and i went to lagotel last june and did notice the mozzies. my daughters legs were covered in bites apart from that we had a great holiday
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.