Spain - Canary Islands - Gran Canaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Gran Canaria.
Yes we stayed here a few years ago. It was spetember 11th actually as i remember sitting in the bar watching the telly.
the apts are halfway up on the left side of puerto rico, as you look at puerto rico from the beach. It's very easy to walk down to the comercial centre. But we just jumped a taxi back.
The apts were basic but clean. We didn't have a balcony we had a terrace, which got the sun all day long. The pool area is ok, not a massive pool but i remember there being plenty of sunloungers. There is a grassed area at the side of the pool and you get great views of puerto rico from here. There is a poolside snack bars which served the usual bar foods. We ate here and it was fine.
When we were here there was building work going on at the side, i would be interested to hear if there is a hotel here. So please answer when you get home.
have a great holiday.
the building work is part off the TREZAMAR hotel.
thanks for ure replies. So is there still alot of building work at the moment? :?
hi...there is building work in the surrounding area, but people that i know stayed in the trezamar, in may, and it never bothered them.

even when i stayed in the Monaco, they were building the trezamar, and it was nothing to worry about. you will have a great time ... :D :D :D
i stayed in the carolina a good few years ago and i remember there being a HUGE building site being right infront of the hotel, above the water park.

we had the apartment on the top floor over looking all of the developments, and the dust, dirt and noise was constant!! 7am in the morning till about 8pm! there was no peace n quiet round THAT pool!

we had the choice to move to the monaco or somthing, but they didnt have any 2bed rooms left... so we stuck it out!

Never again would i go to gran canaria

PS! also, it was advertised in the direct holidays brochure as being excusive to direct holidays and the UK! ONLY to find when we got there there was alot of spanish guests, taking up a lot of the apartments! :roll:
Hey, i found a site about the Carolina Apts:

http://www.hotelstreet.co.uk/Hotels-6861-Carolina.html

Aparently the apts have been refurbished since i was last year... many years ago!
If anyone has stayed here recently would you please add your review HERE

Many Thanks :wave
hi again,
was wondering if u can hire a fan from theses apartments? I think its going to be hot hot hot!!!
Please do not use phone style text, eg u instead of you. Future posts may be deleted.

luci - HT Mod
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.