America/Canada Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in America and Canada
Myrtle Beach is a popular family vacation place,it has long wide sandy beaches. The main tourist beach area is called the Strand,it runs for miles- flat beaches,hotels as far as the eye can see. It has a (to me) tropical climate,very hot and humid in the summer. The Myrtle Beach area has every kind of dining experience you could want,specially seafood,water parks,funfairs,golf++,shopping,there are many Country music venues,the Alabama theatre comes to mind. All aimed at family entertainment.
It's not far from Charleston which is an interesting town if you are into the history of the South. Also if you are driving, try to get to Savannah- a very pleasant place. From the UK probably your best bet is to come into Atlanta (ATL)or Miami (MIA)and then get a connecting flight to Myrtle Beach (MYR). The capital of South Carolina is Columbia -that would also be a flight option,it's about 150 miles away and an easy drive.
June will be HOT and HUMID. If you are not used to it,it can drain you as you are expecting to do things in the afternoon the way you can in the UK on a summer day- however you will find lots of people inside/shades drawn/ until it cools down. Golf- 7am tee times are routine....
Mad dogs and Englishmen- eh!
Welcome to HT Emdia43! :wave

Pippy :D
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.