General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
never heard of it, would only trust my own banks debit card anyway as its all iv ever used abroad
Haven't used them personally but they are going on sale in our agency soon and sound very good
Cash2go much safer than your own bank card.Just load the amount that you want to take and use it as you would a mastercard. If you have any left on your return to the UK you can use it in the shops here. Can load it with Euros,Sterling or Dollars and the clever little thing knows which country it is in and will convert to that one.
If you lose it it get replaced asap, and your bank details are never at risk. Like most things you need to try it to get used to it. Put a £100 on a card and see! You can have 4 cards for one family so if you have a teen that rings home and says they have run out of money you can load more cash onto the card for them, no lingering in resort penniless.
I heard about these last year - where do you get them from?
hi da do ron

iv'e got the same queery as cyberspacekadette

i always take my own banks debit card on holiday,but cash2go sounds good.
irene
ive been reading about it aswell looks good .

american express does them .

my :?: would be how many places accept them , are they easy to use ,

im going to teneriffe and it might be easier than travelers cheques .
We picked up a leaflet and application form from our local travel agent when we went in to pay the balance of our holiday for July.

Apparantly, if I understand this correctly, they can issue the card immediately for you and you tell them and pay for the amount you want the card credited for.

Something like that anyway !!! :hmmm

Ali
I found their website! http://www.cash2go.com/travelmoney/index.htm
It appears they are not easily available at the moment, only from Heathrow and Gatwick and from selected Travelcare branches all in East Lancashire and Merseyside. Apparently this is a trial release and they're hoping to cover a wider area by the summer:
Initially we are conducting a trial launch through selected ICE bureaux, including those at Heathrow airport, and through selected Travelcare branches. Full roll out of the product is scheduled to take place over the next three months, well in time for the key summer holiday travel rush.

Well, it's the middle of May now, and if that's not the beginning of the summer rush then I don't know what is....
I think I'll stick with taking a handful of Euros backed up with my credit card. :?
I might try asking at our local Travelcare even though it isn't on the list of agents.
Sorry for delay been having technical problems :evil: Travelcare should stock them at all branches.
American Express are doing a pre-paid payment card too: http://www.americanexpress.com/uk/tcc/index.shtml
You can order it online and it is accepted in all shops, restaurants etc which take American Express, you can also use it in ATMs.
I can vouch for the Amex TCC.
How much do they cost?
They both mention an "issuing fee" but don't say how much it is :?:

Ady
The Amex one is £20
By the way I use mine with sterling. I have found that when I have used my ordinary Amex abroad they have actually given a really good rate.
I think I'll still stick with taking £100 worth of Euros, and credit cards to pay for other stuff. We're going All-Inclusive, so we don't need much spends - just cash for bits and bobs and cards to pay for any excursions.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.