Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
Hi Helen,
I've not heard of this lady before but have just done a quick search on her operation. On the surface it appears to be respectable and above board. I suppose the price quoted is fairly reasonable for what is on offer. Its the "standard" touristic tour in Cairo and from experience the lunches provided are usually more than adequate.
Regarding the information requested, I see nothing sinister in that. As they haven't asked for any payment up front, they would need the details of where you are staying in Sharm to confirm that you are actually going to arrive in Cairo when you say you are. As for the kids ages, well, I think, if I was a tour guide, I'd want to know if I was going to have two teenagers or two very young kids who may need amusing or pacifying!
All of us who have decided, in the past, to deny the holiday tour operators their exhorbitant profits on excursions, have had to take a chance the first time they deal with local operators. The feeling of satisfaction you will get if it all goes to plan and the wonderful things you will see in Cairo, will be well worth the slight risk.
I wish you every success with your trip!
Thanks for that, you've convinced us ,we are going to book the DIY flights and this woman guide,like you say..take a chance,or in the wise words of delboy trotter..he who dares wins! lol

Thanks for taking the time to help,

Helen xx
No problem, Helen. Do let us know how it all goes, even any bits you'd do differently in future. Its so useful to others considering the same trip to have info from someone who's done it!
Yes,

Please do let us know if she is any good - we are going to Sharm May 08, and ill shortly be booking some flights to Cairo for a day trip, and will most defo need a good tour guide to take us about.

The price seems reasonable, so do let us know how you get on :-)

Kells
does anybody know how much a flight from sharm to cairo is for a day trip
Try Egyptair-----from here but don't click UK do Egypt and they come out about £30 return pp------------we were looking at them last week for next march!!!!!!! If you go onto UK much more expensive!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.