Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
Hi :wave:

Take a read throught the long existing topic where there is a mine of good practical advice.
If it was me I would probably buy the tour in Naama and not from the Rep, but as I mention there is a lot of information that will help you decide in this existing topic http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=10154

Graham
Hi - If you have seen a flight for £50 return to Cairo then bite their hand off with it. Presumably that was with Egyptair return and was recently?

I have just booked internal flights to Luxor and couldnt get anything under £100 return each. I done Cairo and was cheaper as the flights were then £30 each return and booked a guide with driver really cheaply. You can book in Sharm by road for about £48 each £125 fly incl lunch, entry etc etc. Dont book with the reps as their prices are alot more for the same trips.

Internal flights have shot up.
We did it independantly booking flights for around £30 return though I noticed at the moment they are around £45 we flew out about 0830 and returned about 2230. We booked a taxi for the day with Bluecabs and just said where we wanted to go. The taxi was great although he did try and tell us we couldn't get in to the Pyramids with the taxi as it was busy so we would have to go in a horse in cart (the taxi got in no problem when I said we would walk ;) ) and he then told us that in the winter the museum closed at 4pm so we might as well just do the papyrus and perfume factory. I said it's okay we'll head to the museum (I already knew when it closed) and take it from there. Funnily enough it was open but apart from that he was great and you just had to have your eyes open if you know what I mean. We did the same for Luxor and had a fabulous driver (I have his e mail somewhere if you want it). I also meant to say that if you put resident of Egypt on the Egyptair website you will get the best prices. For photo's of our trip (Xmas 07.....though we are planning going back in Aug/Sept) have a look at http://www.flickr.com/photos/goanjock/sets/72157603625618893/
Thanks very much for your replies! Very much appreciated :tup

The flights are booked and we're now debating booking a guide or a taxi and doing the day ourselves.

Tightjock & nana26 - did you find the cost of the taxi plus entry fees to pyramids and museum to be much cheaper than a tour guide? I've only performed a quick search but looks like tour guides for the day costs about £40 GBP each. Also, did you book your taxi in advance?

Even though my trip is 2 months away, Im getting holiday fever already!! :sun2
I have just booked a tour guide for $72 for all of us (2 adults and 1 child) he'll pick us up at the airport and drop us back. For taxi prices you could e mail Bluecab for current prices. That's who we used the last time. The tour guide came recommended to me.
p.s. I did mean to type dollars so for once it's not a typo :D
If it is better to do the trip with a tour guide or by ourselves? I guess if you have a trust in the tour guide company then it is... but if you don't then it is better to have a trip with our ourselves...
:)
tightjock - would you be able to let me know the name of the tour guide / company you have booked with for your day tour? I have just been quoted £99 per person by a company in Sharm which I think is crazy!

I have emailed BlueCab company for a quote too.

Thanks for your help so far! :tup
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.