Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
Paul, if someone is trying to charge you 5 x £65 sterling for a guide for a day in Cairo, then there are only two appropriate words to reply with!!!!!!!!!

Are you sure they don't mean 65 egyptian pounds per person, as this would be far more of an accurate price!

Who have you arranged the trip to Cairo with?
I dont have it booked just yet - i thought i would check it out first.

It was defo £65 each PP (wife has email to prove it) - thats 2 adults and 3 kids. We have all the flights to cairo booked, so all we need is picking up at the airport at 10.30am, taken to pyramids, sphinx and museum, lunch somewhere and dropping back at the airport in the evening.

Thats £325 for a day trip - the flights cost half that lol I would rather not say which comapny i enquired with, but they are pretty well known on the fourms.
We paid approx LE50 for our taxi from Cairo back to airport so anticipate paying a bit more in the opposite direction.

I think last time, we had a taxi with driver and paid approx LE120 for him to stay with us and take us the places we wanted to visit. This was from 8am till around 2pm. Tickets/Entrance was extra - just tell them to take you to the ticket office for the pyramids - NOT to the camel riding or horse riding. No matter what they tell you, it is NOT necessary to visit the pyramids on the back of anything with 4 legs, unless you want to...

We just organised a part of our itinerary last year with Mr Sherif from http://www.memphistours.com and he will arrange exactly what you want to do, with no added extras. We would definitely use him again.

It's not necessary to have assistance at the airport as visas can be collected in arrivals with no problem.

CwB
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.