Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Out of idle curiosity, I have had a look at the Sarigerme resort reports, and i am a little confused.

All that I see mentioned is -the village - or the complex. Nobody mentions any names of the village or complex. Is there only one place to stay there? I know Pegasos Village is there, but surely that isn't the only place to stay.

What about Sarigerme itself? Is it suitable for people with walking difficulties? And how far are the hotels (if there are any others) to Sarigerme?

I'm thinking possibly this could be an alternative to Bitez for us.

Thanks Marn.
Hi Marn

Sarigerme is located just 15 km from Dalaman International Airport; 55 km from Fethiye; 80 km from Marmaris; 25 km from Dalyan. Sarigerme is located in the middle of these popular holiday cities and has been chosen for Turkeys next golfing centre with the construction of new hotels and an 18-hole golf course underway.

Sarigerme is a beautiful place with a long, white sandy beach and first class hotels, it has a natural beauty from its untouched nature. The whole area is a wash with nature, stalks are a common site from Sarigerme to Dalyan. The nearby town of Dalyan is famous for the Loggerhead Turtle (Caretta Caretta) and freshwater turtles of many species can be found in the lakes, canals and rivers all over the area.

Nearby to Sarigerme we find many ancient wonders from Roman and Lycian times, from Rock Tombs in Dalyan and Fethiye to Roman Theatres in Kaunos and Tlos you will quickly see why many people have made this area their home for centuries.

For the more adventurous we have White Water Rafting in Dalaman and Paragliding and Parasailing in Ã-lüdeniz. Whereas for the bargain hunters we can organise trips to local markets in Fethiye, Ortaca or Köyceğiz where you will find yourself lost in a world of spices, clothing and fresh produce as you walk amongst fellow shoppers either hungry for a bargain or just doing the weekly shop.

Other nearby attractions include Saklikent Gorge, Freshwater trout restaurants, excellent beaches, fun-filled boat trips, first class diving and snorkeling sites all backed by breathtaking scenery ... Sarigerme and the local area truly caters for all!!

Note : Copied (the website of Sarigerme Tours)

in Sarigerme Iberotel,Magic Life,Karia,Aldiana,Alinn Hotels where German tourists usually stay, Iberostar Tropical&Palace (Pegasos) Hotels which is the biggest hotel in the agean sea side of Turkey.

The closest hotels to Sarigerme Street are Iberotel,Magic Life and Aldiana 5 minutes walk to the main street

Iberostar Tropical&Palace Hotel is a bit longer walk. 15 minutes walk to the main street.

Alinn Hotel is 15 minutes walk to the main street as its located on the hillside

Karia is on the top of the mountain it is hard to walk down to the street

Please feel free to ask any questions which you may have

l hope this info helps
Kind Regards
Mustafa
Hi Mcfester

l will definitely ask the sellers in the market on sunday and will let you know what size they have

Cheers
Mustafa :)
Marn, I agree with your comments, people seem to think that the pegasos is Serigerme but it is not. I might leave a review there asking people to put thier valued review in the hotel section and leave a review for Sarigerme itself. Mustafa says there is a beach in Serigerme that is lovely, so I think people need to leave such good reviews for this resort as at the minute it is being percieved in a bad light thanks to the palace & tropical

Mustafa, Many Thanks
Just got back from fantastic holiday and would advise anyone who is going to book trips with Sarigerme tours. We went on two trips (mud bath and Fethiye market), Mustafa was guide on both and he was brilliant. His English is excellent and he is a real winner with children, my little boy has found a new best friend. Julie
Hi Jujoe

Can you leave us a nice big review and maybe some photos in the hotel review section? :) ?

Many Thanks
No problem Musti, have done it already!
Hello Mustafa,

Thanks for all that info. Sarigerme sounds to be a lovely place. I just hope that large hotels, and golf course do not spoil it..

We do not like staying in the large AI hotels, something smaller suits our needs best. We have stayed in Icemeler, which was OK. From there we had a day trip to Dalyan, but on those trips you don't get to see Dalyan itself, which is what we would like to do.

Are there any small locally owned hotels?

Thanks,

Mike and Marn.
Just returned today from the Pegasos Palace. We came into town to eat one night and had a lovely meal in the Paradise. We then went to find guidemustafa. What a lovely and friendly person you are. Your english was fantastic and we couldn't believe you have never been outside of Turkey.

We want to apologise for not coming back and booking any tours with you. Unfortunately, during the second week, all 7 of us took it in turns to suffer from upset stomachs. Not enough to spoil our holiday but bad enough that we couldn't venture far from our rooms - if you get what I mean :oops:

I did speak to four different people who had been on tours with you and they were all full of praise.

We did have plans that during our second week we were going to come into town every other night to eat because it was so nice.

My husband and I have been going on holiday together for the last 16 years and we both agreed that this was one of the friendliest resorts we have visited.

Joanne, Steve and Bethan
Lasy year my wife and I went to the Pegasos Tropical in Sarigerme and to be honest we couldnt get away from the place quick enough.
I wont go into all the details as many unfavourable reports have already been posted about it.
We still wanted to come to Sarigerme this year and having found a fantastic friend in Mustafa from Sarigerme Tours, We asked his opinion about other hotels in the area.
With his fantastic knowledge and co-operation he got us booked into the Alinn Boutique for 2 weeks. Just take a look at their website, it looks superb. All we had to do was book our plane tickets, and that was that.
Without the help of Mustafa and the staff of the Alinn Hotel we would still be looking for accomodation.
Well done my friend Mustafa, you are indeed a truly fantastic person.
We are looking forward to our holiday in July.
God Bless you all.
Bruverky1
Hi Everbody,

Mcfester&Marn

l exactly agree with you that Sarigerme is not just Pegasos as there are plenty of good hotels here

lf you want a good holiday with your kids Pegasos is the best one here as There are many kids entertainments in there.

for a relaxing holiday without kids the others are excellent. Among them to me Alinn is the best one as it is exactly a well built VIP hotel. And the view from the hotel is fantastic.Kids under 16 are not accepted to the hotel.

Please feel free to ask

Cheers all
Mustafa
Hi Julie

Many Thanks to you for your polite comments . l hope you&your mum and Joseff (Sorry lf l had written his name wrongly as l dont know how to spell it) are all fine.

Have just read your review. Thats wonderful

Hope to see you again please give a kiss to Joseff from me :kiss

Joanne, Steve and Bethan
No problem :)
Many Thanks to you too for your excellent comments about me. l hope you are all feeling well now. l hope to see all of you again.

Cheers all
Mustafa xxx
Vic (bruverly1)

Thank you mate

As l remember you told me that 19th July is your marriage anniversary so You are going to be here from 13th to 27th July. Your&Shirley's beer is ready mate :glynis

Looking forward to seeing you again

See you soon

Cheers
Mustafa xxx
Good news everybody

At last a cashmachine has been brought to Sarigerme :D
The cashmachine is on the back of a bus located at the bottom of the main street.

Regards
Mustafa
Mustafa I wonder if you could explain this to me please. I have heard that there is a Bandit in Sarigerme. What is this? Is it something like Robin Hood in England?I thought that with all your knowledge you could advise if this is a legend or something.Whatever it is we are still coming to Sarigerme in July, and cant wait to get there.
By the way, is there a new airport terminal at Dalaman now?
Looking forward to hearing from you again.
Cheers
Bruverly1
I left a report on the hotel and resort to ask those kind enough to write a report to seperate the resort from the hotel, I have had a drink so the spelling is bad!
Thanks very much Mustafa :)

We will definatly be coming to see you to book a couple of trips.

We arrive at Dalaman on Monday 11th September at 2.50pm so by the time we get to the hotel I would imagine that your shop will be closed.
Can you give me your opening hours for the Tuesday please ?
I have just added the following RESORT report to the Database. Hope it goes in ok since I have already added a hotel report

I felt obliged to write this RESORT review, as the majority of the reports below are based on the Pegasos Palace. I want to point out that Sarigerme is not only the Pegasos Palace and Tropical!

Sarigerme itself is a gorgeous little village, where you will meet the most wonderful Turkish nationals. It has a few good restaurants and bars that are definitely worth visiting, mixed among the traditional shops selling turkish fakes (higher standard ones than the markets), tea and spice shops, a good selection of jewellers and small supermarkets.

The area has good standard hotels that cater mainly for central Europeans, with the exception of the PP and the PT which cater at the moment only for the British. The Aldiana, Iberotel Sarigerme Park and the Alinn Boutique hotel all look absolutely stunning and are not too far a walk from the village.

Sarigerme Beach (not the one at the PP) is beautiful and safe for children. I think there is a small charge for this beach (around one lira) but we found our way there accidentally by walking all the way along the beach from the PP, via the Aldiana and the Iberotel Sarigerme Park. Sarigerme Beach has a small childrens zoo with birds, goats, rabbits etc and has a range of watersports available on the beach. It has showers and toilets too with a couple of small cafes for refreshments and food.

I can highly recommend booking your excursions with Mustafa from Sarigerme Tours, it is the first travel agency you come to on the main street. The professionalism and friendliness with which Mustafa treats his guests is of the highest standard and any fellow ht'er won't tell you any different. He offers a fine array of trips and at excellent prices, please give him a try!

It was lovely to see that this village still maintains a lot of its Turkish charm that made me fall in love with Turkey in the first place. When you go into a bar for a drink, they generally bring you some little Meze or in a shop you will be offered some refreshing Turkish tea, usually apple which is gorgeous. Having visited Marmaris and Icmeler it was nice to see the hassle at the markets here is far less and I even braved a second visit to the market which I would never do in Marmaris. I personally wouldn't bother visiting the markets further out as you can pick up everything you need at the small market here on a Sunday.

In a few years time Sarigerme will probably start to become highly developed. I know there is a huge amount of development in the area at the moment. So get yourself there now and see a particularly beautiful part of this wonderful country!

Catherine xxx
Scotishmum,

Having stayed at the Palace last year, i couldn't agree with your report on Sarigerme more. I know everyone is entitled to their own opinion, and indeed there have been alot of remarks by others to the contrary such as 'dont bother with Sarigerme as there's nothing their'. I wonder how many tourists have strolled down the beach towards the airport and seen evidence of the number of turtles that have come up the beach during the summer months? It was good at times to escape the hustle and bustle of the PP by either turning left or right at the beach or by strolling into Sarigerme. Even a trip to Ortica (£3 with Sarigerme Tours, thanks Mustafa) would uncover some of the real Turkey.

Serigerme is truly a beautiful place and i will definately like to return one day.

Eddy
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.