Tour Operators and Travel Agents

Discussions regarding Tour Operators and Travel Agents
I went on a door-to-door Bowens coach trip to Blackpool last weekend and all the drivers were brilliant and so friendly, thank goodness they didn't go into administration last Thursday or we would have lost our holiday and money. I feel sorry for all the employees being told that news just before Christmas as I know a lot of the drivers have worked for this company for years. Yorks Coaches, part of the Bowens Group, have been in business for 80 years.

BTG Travel Agents have also gone into liquidation and we've booked two holidays with them, had a letter this morning from Hays Travel saying they have taken over the holidays and we have to send the balance to them.
:que Not the most obvious forum to post this news item :think

SM
:que
one member has reported a tour operator has gone bust and another has posted about a travel agent going bust!

seems to make perfect sense to me.

would it not have been more helpful to direct these members to a more appropriate forum, if you know of one, rather than just post something negative :think
Many thanks folks I've added this news to our Travel Firms in Crisis Announcements.
jimd-f wrote:
:que
one member has reported a tour operator has gone bust and another has posted about a travel agent going bust!

seems to make perfect sense to me.

I was trying to make sense of why these posts where in the Africa forum on HT - and catch the attention of the Mods and Admin so they could be moved. Which Glynis has now done - thanks Glynis. :tup I apologise if the OPs thought I did this in a heavy handed way.

SM
Sorry SM that was me, I moved it out of Africa (sound like a good name for a film :D) and I forgot to delete your post :duh
Hi Kiltman, no problem - jimd-f's comment now makes sense if he read the thread and posted AFTER you moved the messages :rofl

SM
I sent Glynis a pm telling her about Bowen Travel and BTG after I'd replied to the first post on here which she put on the correct page.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.