General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
April holiday
13 Posts
warmest will be the canaries :tup
Apart from the weather not being too hot, Nissi Bay area as well as Ayia Napa itself will be very quiet in April. In fact many business's don't open until the last week of April.

If you were in a hotel then I'm sure there would be other guests but generally I think it will be pretty quiet. I usually go mid May and even then it's quietish, although the weather is pretty warm ;)

I'm a HUGE Napa fan but I always go to Lanzarote in Mar/April or Sharm El Sheikh for the heat :sun2
I know its an extra hour one the plane to Canaries, but you should get better weather in one of the Red Sea Resorts in April.
where the hottest places preferably in europe are in April?

When you say "preferably in Europe" do you mean anywhere in the Mediterranean? In the Med the holiday season (bars/shops open) doesn't really start until May, although places like Cyprus will have very pleasant weather in April.
If it has to be "Europe", then I'd say the Canary Islands, we go there at Easter and it is always lovely (although technically, the Canaries are geographically Africa, although they're part of Spain). The Cape Verde Islands are an hour further south than the Canaries, off the coast of Africa ; also Egypt is lovely all year round, but it's not "Europe". Cape Verde and Egypt are both not much longer flight time than Cyprus, so worth considering. The Canaries are a 4 hour flight.
Thanks all we wouldn't really mind canaries/cape verde/egypt they all look amazing however we are trying to stick below a £300 price range and even in april at a late deal price im not sure that cape verde or egypt will fall into this price. However the canaries might do, Im liking the look of fuertuventura (sp), but id love cape verde or egypt even more however as stated earlier I don't think they will fall under £300 unless the travel agents are desperate, what do you think?.

Thanks./
Hi Matt :wave:
I have been researching Fuerteventura for April as an alterantive to Sharm which is coming out expensive. Not sure when you wish to travel in April as two of those weeks are school Easter hols so there will be a price hike. I am getting better prices looking at DIY for the first week in April. If you are going towards the end you may get better prices on a package. Swings and roundabouts really. Good Luck. Let us know if you find something.
Doe
We went to Fuerteventura last Easter - (31 March - 14 April) and it was lovely - fantastic weather, and everywhere was open. The Easter before that (15-23 April 2006) we went to Gran Canaria, blazing hot and very lively. This Easter (21 March - 4 April) we are going to Tenerife - can't wait!!! You can't beat the Canaries for cheap and cheerful at this time of the year. I'd like to go to Cape Verde, but I think my kids would be bored there, and it's a lot of money to have fed-up faces. I also fancy Egypt at this time of the year, but it's not really a budget destination.
As for this year's Easter school holidays, different parts of the UK are having their two weeks off at different times, so the tour operators seem to have upped the prices for the whole of April to cover this. :roll: Our Easter school holiday is 21 March to 6 April, but some areas are just having a long weekend for Easter in March and then a two-week school holiday in the middle of April, so you may not get a reasonable price until right at the end of April.
Thanks all, went to the travel agents again yesterday, they got Cyprus nissi bay or ayia napa for 7 nights flights and transfers included for £187 per person, which I thought was amazing and we are considering it as were just looking for a break away from england for a week.

However the canaries seem to have held there price so far, but she told us not to book anything yet and to wait and call back to see if they drop again due to ove availability.

I have been doing some looking into DIY holidays to the canaries in april and found that accomodations are as little as £50 pppw which is brilliant but I cant find the cheap flights anywhere. What airline would you say usually has the cheapest flights to the canaries?

Thanks again!
Hi, Monarch tend to come out fairly cheap for Lanzarote and Thomas Cook for Fuertuventura.

Sally
Also XL for Fuerteventura, or try looking at http://www.moneysupermarket.com as they will search a few sites for you (but not all sites).
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.