Spain - Canary Islands - Tenerife Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tenerife.
It will be open definitely. As to the water - it is not heated but 3 or 4 years ago we had a totally cloudy week and put the waterpark trip off until it wa sunny. The sun never arrived and we went on the monday anyway - the pools were warmer than the hotel. Whatever happens the dolphin show is worth the €20 fee but wait for the sunny days. Also you can buy a weekly pass for €30 which is worth it if you want to go more than once. Good luck
Paul you should become the resident expert on tenerife. You should hold a question and answer session. I know if there is anything I want to know I will ask you.

Mike :D
Paul thanks for that info. I dont think our hotel pool is heated, so thats a bonus knowing the water could be warmer. Just got to worry about the locusts now! Read the report in the Sunday papers!
Not heard any reoprts they have reached Tenerife YET !!!

They are on Lanza and Fuerta but only in small numbers so far.
Weather reports the wind directionnchanging which should help keep them away.

Pete
Is it possible to buy aquapark tickets valid for a 2 week stay? I know residents of tenerife can buy an annual pass but what about us holiday makers? Thanks.
I think you can buy a pass iirc. When I went, I remember seeing it, and it worked out cheaper per day, but I'm not sure whether it was for 1 or 2 weeks. Probably 1 week.
You can buy a weekly pass which is miles cheaper than paying on the door. I recall it being around €22 per adult daily but the weekly pass is around €30
That sounds good. We stay at island village right next door to aquapark and kids love it so will definately try for a weeks pass, its worth the extra euros.
Hi

What resort is the Aquapark in?

Thanks.
Hi totp

The aquapark is in the San eugeinio alto area of Playa de Las Americas
See map
http://www.canaries-live.com/UK/americas-map.html

Lawson
it won't be long now Lawson until you go on holiday. I hope the weather improves for you
Sylvia
We bought our week ticket and it was great for the last day of the holiday as we had a really late flight home and it was great to have somewhere to go for the whole day. I think we must have gone about 3 times with the week ticket, really good saving. It is a shame though that the ticket is for a week straight off and not say 7 days that you can spread over two weeks, that would be so much better.
We were at Island Village, and yes it is really handy for the Aquapark, and one of the cafes opposite the entrance does an english breakfast for something like 2 euros!!!
If, your kids want to do the dolphin experience, like ours have done, that worked out about 110 euros for the two kids and up to four other family members to get into the park and the kids did the Dolphin experience and we just watched, so that was reasonable too.
Have a good time.
Ooohh, what is the Dolphin experince please? Also does anyone know if the Aquapark has a website?

cheers
Yes there is a website for the park
http://www.aspro-ocio.es/tenerife/empleo.php.
It only has basic info "but" you could contact them and pre book a dolphin experience perhaps as in summer the places do get booked up quickly.

We booked when we were at the park one day. It was 55 Euros each, each ticket allows two guests.
You are given a morning or afternoon time, of course you go inot the aquapark whenever you like.
So, you all meet up at the stated place and time. You have a look at some dolphins and babies if there are any at the time, swimming about in the training pools and they have a question and answer time.
Then you go into the show pool BEFORE everyone else and you have best in house seats.
During the show they choose only the kids on the Dolphin Experience to take part in the "join-in" bits of the show. My youngest was pushed on the surf board by a dolphin.
After the show you stay behind and the ones on the experience get to sit at the edge( no actual swiming as its against the law or something in Tenerife) and they stroke and kiss the dolphins and learn tricks and stuff. Included in the price are 3 personal photos of each person with the dolphin out of the water, cuddling and kissing and doing a trick, all presented in a souvenier wallet.
During this time, my hubby and I sat and watched and took photos, stood behind the girls etc. It was great, really value for money. You should do it as you will all Love it
Many thanks for that, I will check it out
That link didnt appear to work but the one i have bookmarked is in english and is quite detailed
http://www.aspro-ocio.es/tenerife/index.php
Hi Lawson

Thanks so much for that brilliant map - I've saved it to my 'favourites'. :)
Thanks Tex

That's a brilliant map too - I'll never need to wonder where a particular hotel is situated now! It also has the hotel I was looking for in relation to the Aquapark.

Cheers :glynis
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.