General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
I had to answer this as I have just switched computer on after trying to watch TV (at home) loads of channels and nothing Interesting :offtop sorry for my little rant.

In answer to your question, we dont watch tv if we are in europe or turkey, however, when we are in America we both love the tv channels there, except all the adverts :cry

hugs
ha ha i must be so sad the first thing i do when i get to my room is look at my view.then i put tv on to see what channels i can get,i only usually watch it in the morning before going out then while im getting ready in the evenings.most of the places i have been you cant get many english channels though :(
depends..I am a Sky News addict..or a BBC world news addict. If there is a tv in the room..that will be on at night or first thing in the morning.
If there is no TV or no English channels..I don't give a stuff.
I definitely do not want a TV on holiday abroad. Whether it's the Caribbean or Lanzarote. There is one in the villa we rent in Lanzarote but even if we are there for 3 weeks it never gets switched on. I can't remember the last time I watched a TV on holiday. We don't even get a paper.
For me, no its not important. I take enough books that I dont need it. Hubby likes to "hear" the TV in the background so even if he's not watching it, if there is one in the room, its on, usually with a news channel. Daughter will watch it on a morning for kids tele but thats it. We only had Spanish channels one year and I have to say, that kids tele in any language is still the same and it kept her amused when I needed it to.
I've never watched the TV on holiday. Oh hang on, I tell a lie - I once watched one in Hong Kong when I went away with a friend. We came back to the hotel drunk and tried to watch the Chinese music channels! :tongue

I would rather not have a TV in the room to be honest. I like our holidays to be a complete escape.
TV dose add the enjoyment for me and my brother, last holiday we was well chuft when we found out the TV had BBC1 AND ITV1 never had the two together in spain before. We said we will have to come here again :D
Years ago we never used to have a tv in the room when abroad but hubby's become accustomed to it more recently although I don't think it would bother him if we didn't have one. I love reading in the room late afternoon so it gives hubby something to do until he falls asleep for a while :rofl

We're not in the room long enough to watch lots of programmes/films etc and it's mainly a source of background noise whilst we do other things e.g. get ready to go out etc.
Danny wrote:
TV dose add the enjoyment for me and my brother, last holiday we was well chuft when we found out the TV had BBC1 AND ITV1 never had the two together in spain before. We said we will have to come here again :D

You werent away for the world cup were you? It was on for what felt like 24/7 when we were away in June last year ;)
I dont know I dont do football. It was Novemeber at Flamingo Benidorm.
oh im so happy danny likes it at least im not alone on this :tup
Golden rule whilst on holiday no television in the rooms. We even try to avoid bars etc with tv's as well when on holiday :tup
Danny wrote:
I dont know I dont do football.

You were lucky then. Its the only time we had the two channels together, usually only one or the other. Im not usually a football person or a TV person on holiday, but it was the world cup so if you couldnt beat them, you definately had to join them :tup and it kept my hubby and daughter quiet when I was trying to get ready for my evening out ;)
Usually only get bbc1 for a certain time like when we was in ibiza and another hotel in benidorm but to have unlimted bbc1 and itv1 was impressed. My bro is football mad i dont understand it.

Edit for type*
  • Edited by Danny 2011-01-06 00:21:57
what a bonus danny getting two channels now that would make me happy
Hi madmadge. Good topic by the way.

Yeah was lucky i like to feel at home on holiday and it was nice to have the option there.

Intresting to hear how others get on.

Danny
thanks danny yes it is funny how diferent we all are,i mean i dont exactly go into depression if there is no tv but it is nice to have it there if you fancy watching it.im enjoying the comments all :tup
Normally we are not bothered about TV on holiday but last month we went to Hurghada and the TV had quite a few English speaking channels,including 2 movie channels.
As it got dark around 5pm we did watch a few films before going out in the evening.
It wouldn't bother me at all - in fact, it wouldn't bother me if I didn't have one at home either :rofl ubby doesn't go out of his way to look for one, but if it's a summer holiday then he will switch it on late afternoon when we go back to the room to cool down. If it's a sight seeing break - we don't tend to get up quite so early, so he'll watch the news in bed. If we're in this country - he wakes up, and switches on
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.