Spain - Costa Brava Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Brava.
I'm sure there was a discussion in the General Holiday Enquiries forum about learning language and some members had recommendations. Will see if I can find it.

HERE YOU GO

luci :wave
I always learn a few basic words , like please ,thank you , yes ,no , how much
also numbers for when i want to buy, i found spanish easier to learn and pick up than turkish, this year we are going to greece, so again it will be basics.
Turkish is a nightmare and yes spanish doesn't seem that bad once you get into it.........may well prove different in conversation of course :?

Greece: Yassou and Yammas are used a lot
I did GCSE and A Level Spanish (although I failed the A Level) - this is over 10 years ago and I've not maintained my knowledge. On our last holiday to Tossa, we found a lovely little SPanish bar on one of the back streets and I managed to have a chat with the owner with my broken Spanish - it was good fun and interesting in how we were able to make ourselves understood during the conversation. I think he was appreciative of my efforts. It also helped when I was looking for a pharmacist to help with a particularly nasty sting.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.