Spain - Balearics - Menorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Menorca.
Arenal d'en Castell is a very small resort and is very quiet, there are only a few bars and restaurants. We went also to the Club Hotel Aguamarina but this was in 2006 so may have changed somewhat, make sure you are in the block with aircon ,all though this should have been sorted by now!
We went during a heatwave and it was so uncomfortable. But we still loved the holiday, going back to Menorca later this year :) Tip for you if you check feedback on hotels only look at the last 8 to 12 months(that's what we do) they can change alot often changing management,
and reps can make a big difference but some only stay a few months. There is a smoking ban and it is hard to find cigarettes because now only
tobacconists can stock them not the local corner shops. Hope you enjoy..
Just realised when you posted it :) hope you are enjoying your stay
Thank you for the reply.

Is there any more information out there for us and advice.
By Menorcan standards Arenal den Castell is quite large ( 4th largest on the island ) and with a range of facilties is aimed at a larger summer tourist population. Your hotel is at the entrance to Arenal and just before you reach the hotel on your left is the new resort area called Coves Noves. You will need to walk into the resort centre where there is a variety of bars/restaurants or back to Coves Noves where there are facilities for the new accommodations there. None of it is 'authentic Menorca' as I said it was one of the earliest and most developed resorts. Menorca is simply nothing like the coastal skyscraper 'hell holes' on the spanish Mainland package holiday coasts.

There is a lot of UK Families who go to your Hotel so you might want to escape at times into the resort of hop on a bus to Mahon to arrive at 5pm and goto harbour and get taxi back.

It is 'quiet' because like 95% of resorts on Menorca as it is geared to Famlies with younger children or 25something couples.

Weather will be what the weather is.
Hi

We stayed in Arenal d'en castell for year after year, we always went SC tho. Even as SC with no hotel or entertainment we always found plenty to do, we hired a car for the whole of our stay so ventured out most of the time.There is a water park I can't remember which one we went to tho, I believe there are 2 if I remember correctly. Menorca is lovely, enough to do without being too "touristy" or tacky

Laura x
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.