France and Channel Hopping Discussion

Discussions regarding holidays and channel hopping in France.
I think you might find it hard to get accommodation in August in the South, but you could try the Ibis, Mercure and Novotel chains - which are not solely for businessmen! Ibis breakfasts are not cheap but they are very copious and could keep you going until dinner. Novotels often have swimming pools attached. For overnighting, you could try Formule 1 or Etap hotels - basic but clean. Etaps have ensuite showers and loos, Formule 1 down the corridor.

All these hotels are members of the Accor hotel group and if you type http://www.accor.fr into a search engine, you should be able to access details of all their hotels - and in English too.

I think you really need to book up very quickly though or you'll find accommodation very difficult to find, and I would strongly dissuade you from going 'on spec'.

Bonnes Vacances anyway and Bonne Chance!
Why not buy a tent ?

then get yourself some Camping cheques (valid for 2 people each cheque per night £10.30 a cheque)

you could stay on some really decent sites around Argeles/Canet nad not spend a fortune
At this time of year it is often cheaper to book directly with a campsite. Most have their own vans and chalets. When you see one you like in a brochure do a Google search for it. Most have websites. You may have left it too late for August though but phoning and asking if there have been any cancellations may get you a spot.

At this time of year it is often cheaper to book directly with a campsite. Most have their own vans and chalets. When you see one you like in a brochure do a Google search for it. Most have websites. You may have left it too late for August though but phoning and asking if there have been any cancellations may get you a spot.

In August we have NEVER booked
just turned up after a phone call in transit so far only had one campsite say it was not open ?? not that it was full
Thanks for all your replies.

We've now managed to get a late deal with Keycamp at Camping La Sirene.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.