Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
i`ve been looking for flights for august and they are £500 each. :shock: .and there`s 4 of us :cry:

sharon
Hi Katiesmum

I agree, but I think its not just whitsun it's prices in general.

I think that Mr Brown by making Egypt Long Haul for the purpose of the so called 'green tax' (what a laugh) has made the Red Sea a lot less competative for a winter break this year.

For us at 40 pounds x 4, well an extra 160 for what amounts to nothing in terms of the quality of your holiday ( ie the class of hotel and board you are on) is a lot of money. It's making me look at alternatives as well this year, even though I love Sharm.

I wouldn't mind but I don't for a moment beleive the extra money is being spent on the environment. :x
we all went for a week last year and it only cost £1000 for the 4 of us AI, we wnt back this year and it cost £2700 for 2 weeks, next summers prices are £2000 just for flights so it looks like we`ll be looking for somewhere else as well :bawl

sharon
Hi,
I booked our flights ( 5 of us ) to go to Sharm this May 2008 in May last year and are paying £1450? :lol:

Glad we did now looking at the prices, although at the time we were not happy paying that amount as our hotel is only costing us £750 all inclusive, booking direct.

Hopefully the prices will come down soon.

Martin
Hi I have just booked flights for just over £100 each return including all taxes and 20kg baggage allowance. Then found all inclusive for 15 days ( as it is eve flight so we can still stay in room and eat and drink until we go to the airport ) for just under £700 for 2 bedroom suite.
For Whitsun week which is the UK half-term? Please could you tell me who they are booked with? Thats a great price for that week.

Doe
Hi - sorry for the confusion - no it is not May but October. Where are you flying for, what dates and what is the lowest you have been quoted?
This thread is about flights for half term, it's in the title.

XL - 24th May 08 - 2,142 which is 464 per person
XL - 25th May 08 - 1,850 which is 391 per person

TUI - 25th May - 1795 - 450 per person

You really got my hopes up saying you got something for 100 quid. :(

Doe
i think the prices are disgusting for egypt now.. my hubby loves egypt but i`m afraid it`s somewhere else from now on..

sharon
Hi I think it is a case of knowing where to look for bargain packages and being online at the right time. Total we have paid for 3 of us for 15 nights all inclusive including what we paid for the flights is under £1000.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.