Italy, Rivieras and Islands Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Italy, Rivieras and Islands.
Sarah HT Admin can probably help you out with this one as she has recently returned from Rome and visited Vatican City and saw the pope.

Sarah is on holiday until Tuesday if you can wait until then. I've left a message for her on her return. :D
http://goeurope.about.com/cs/rome/qt/papal_event.htm

thats tells you everything you need to know about arranging it , think you may have left it too late thou :( :(
we saw the pope a few years ago. even if you don't get tickets you can still be in the square and see the service. very moving.
I checked that website and I have actually seen it before and filled out the web form but I got no reply at all, so its kinda weird because you dont know if you got tickets or not.

Would be great if Sarah has some ideas also,
thanks a mill
The American church in Rome Santa Susanna arranges audiences vis their website.
You can get tickets for the Papal audience from any of the travel/excursion agents around Rome, there is one right out side St Peters Square.

We didn't get tickets, however, we stood at the railings and the pope drove straight passed us in his golf buggy, he made a zig zag right across St Peters Square, close enough to touch (almost). We could here is Mass and blessing from where we were stood also.

I would only bother applying for tickets if you want to be seated and being seated doesn't mean being closer, St Peters Square is absolutely huge. It is shown on big screens so that you can see whats going on.

Sarah
Thanks to all for your help. Not heading till end of month so looking forward to it
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.