Cruises

Discussions relating to Cruising holidays
I have done that a few times and its always worked out much cheaper
I have never done it out of Venice but I am sure someone as that can offer advice on transfers and what other things to look for
It might be worth staying the night before just to be on the safe side incase of flight delays
Flights for the low cost carriers are out now for early next year...I think upto June
You might also want to check the US site as well that can often be another way of saving, but booking with the US site service charges are extra so keep that in mind (if they are inc in the UK price) when comparing the 2
I sailed from Venice last year and booked my flights with Jet2 flying out of Leeds. Our flights cost about £145 return. We opted for the private water taxi from the Airport which cost 95 euro which is expensive. We flew out the day before and stayed on a hotel on the Grand Canal.
If you are reasonably mobile a lot of people use the Vaparetto (Spelling?) which is just around 6 euro I think.
I am cruising from Rome 9th October and flying again with Jet 2 . The flights this time cost £112 and we again are flying a day early. The Port is 90Km from the Airport and as the flight is not in until 12.30 it could be a bit neat.
If I had taken the Cruise Company flights it was £380 and we needed to go via either Amsterdam or London.

Do your own flights and if the time is tight my advice would be fly a day early to be sure.

Sue
We did a cruise from Barcelona and the flightw iwth eay jet worked out at 28o quid return for four of us :)
Barcelona is probably the easiest and cheapest port to do DIY with loads of cruise option.

Plenty of flights and if you are prepared to take the train/bus very cheap to get to the port <€5pp. or €30 in a taxi.

BA have the best flight options from Heathrow, a 7:25am with follow on flights to make sure you get there.

the cheap carriers timings mean that for some airports an overnight before in BCN is recomended.

Rome the port is a train(with change) ride and taxi away from both airports or an expensive taxi.

Not done venice.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.