Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
The first officers speach would be interesting with a soundtrack of Iron Maiden in the background!

Darren
I flew Gatwick to Aqaba in their Boeing 757 excellent flight amazing leg room and proper seats. Higly recommended.
Just got tickets from Thomas Cook for our holiday to Samos next month and found flight has been changed.
Originally we where going with Excel airways now we are going with Astraeus airlines and an hour earlier not bothered about the time change just wondering if anybody has any info or has flown with this airline ???? :roll:
Hi borismab ... I have merged your enquiry with this existing topic, so you should now be able to find some info in these two pages of earlier posts.

David :wave
Thanks for all that had been on the web site was just wondering had anybody flown with them as for the no inflight entertainment we had none last year with excel due to it being bust on what was supposed to be a new aircraft will just have to sleep a bit longer on the flight.
if not i can always dig out my old iron maiden tapes
Hi I used to work for AEU as cabin crew, any questions ask away.
Hi fallenangel we fly to samos with them from gatwick on 7th july any info about airline and aircraft would be most welcome
Does anyone know if you can book your cases in the night before a flight as you can with First Choice?

Apparantly Aestreus will no longer allow hand luggage be in the form of flight cases on wheels! - can anyone confirm this?

Thanks
You can't check in the night before with Astraeus.

Astraeus do advertise the fact that they will not allow wheeled cabin baggage. I have seen absolutely loads of people take wheeled baggage aboard, but of course, if they wanted to they could refuse to accept it, which could prove mighty awkward if it made your hold baggage overweight.
Bexmark if your going from Gatwick like us then no you cant check in night before my wife checked with Gatwick yesterday and they said not with this airline :cry:
Hi,

Has anyone flew with astraeus or eygpt air????

Me and my girlfriend are going in two weeks, and from what we've read, there is no entertainment, ie, films, tv shows etc etc. 5 hrs is a long time without it. Im gonna buy travel monopoly and connect 4 just in case :?

So, anyone??? :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:
On Boeing 737s operated by Astraeus, there is no in-flight entertainment whatsoever. On their long haul routes or when they use the 757s in their fleet there are in-flight movies shown. They normally use the 737s for the Egyptian routes.
Cheers Carrot,

but DOH! how the hell can they do this??? In this day and age for gods sake!! Bit of Faulty Towers or Only Fools would of gone down a treat :roll: Better get the board games for deffo :cry:
There's only one reason, Scooby.

Astraeus bought 737s that had no tv monitors and I would imagine installing them would be a significant expense for a charter airline.
We travelled with Astraeus from Manchester on 18th June. Can confirm there is def. no entertainment.

One tip though-Astraeus do not allow pre booking of seats -if you ask nicely when you check in at Manchester you may get extra leg room seats.

We checked in quite early and I politely asked for an aisle seat and the nice lady behind the counter asked if we would like extra leg room seats instead (free of charge)-makes those 5+flying hours a bit more bearable.

Good username by the wayScoobylid! :D
Cheers Scoobyclaret :lol: Nice nickname too

Thanks for the info! At least we now know
Thanks for that. I know last year they werealso very strict on baggage weight - we were 3kg each over weight and were charged 6 pound per kg!! Gatwick - Taba but not on the return journey.
i have previously flown air astreus to taba . they did not have any entertainment whatsoever. for anyone flying from gatwick beware. the handling agents will only accept individual cases below a certain weight. i belive it is 32 kg . if you have a large case and fill it you will be very clos eto this and they were very strcit. we were three kg over and we were forced to go go away, buy a bag and put some stuff in it.
The 32Kg max. applies to luggage on all flights that go to/from/via the UK, it's a health & safety requirement, nothing to do with the airline :)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.