Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
You will also see that there is a telephone number in this topic for Ros Fernihough, Travel Law Solicitor. She may be able to offer you some advice regarding the money you have paid out to change hotels.

Kath HT Adin
Please see this posting taken from another forum in Cyprus:

"Just had an e-mail from Andri Zodiatou, Front office manager of the Atlantica Oasis. She confirms that the hotel will not be open till 15th july"

Regards
Cyprus100
Ros's number is 01922 621114 call Monday asap.
As Glynis says contact Ross. I know you have already tried to contact Ross but she is away. However, you say she is back from holiday on Monday, so dont forget to let her have the latest facts re the hotel.

Good Luck.

Kath x
Just checked the official website for the atlantica group of hotels, and I Just noticed that v.recently (perhaps today / yesterday) they've just altered the wording on their "press release" about their refurbishment work on this hotel.

From 1st of all it saying shutting in Oct, re-opening in May'06. It was then changed to shutting Oct, re-opening Mid June '06, now it says shutting Oct & hoping to re-open 15th July.

Heres the wording that it actually says on their website, youll not that they say the word "planned", so again they will more than likely put the date back & back :-

With regards to the dates, we have planned for closing the Atlantica Hotel (Main building) at the end of October and re-opening as from July 15th 2007. During the Winter 06/07 period, the Atlantica Gardens, shall remain open
Does anyone have info on the latest state of play re this hotel for 21st July.

Thompsons say its to open from 15th July & so does the hotels official website.

Does anyone have any info from the grapevine, or their tour operator or a colleague that it will not open for this date ?

Any info would be much appreciated

Thanks
:D
The place is still a building site - looked yesterday! There is nothing at all in the downstairs reception area, including the kitchens and dining room, just the empty concrete shell! While there is some progress it is nowhere near being finished. The grounds are still full of rubble, the new reception area is not completed, the indoor pool and leisure area was just concrete with no finish and no roof! Not only do the building and grounds have to be completed, then the whole place has to be finished inside and furnished! The kitchens have to be installed and tested, then passed for hygiene laws. Not possible in a few weeks!
As weve paid £620 out of our own money to move to another hotel in Phafos (as we go 21st July) & definitely think it will not be ready, we now have our travel law solicitor on the case to try & get us some of our money back.

However our solicitor has said that until Thompsons officially release the information that the hotel will not be done for 21st July, our solicitor cannot look into our case further.

Not sure in the end whether we will/wont be able to get any of our £620 back, I'll just keep my fingers crossed.

We were not prepared for Thompsons to contact us anything up to 2 dys before our travel date of 21st July (which Thompsons had said they could feasibly do) to say that our hotel is not ready. As what chance then would we have to move anywhere on peak weaks suitable for our 2 young children.

I know weve definitely done the right thing to move to another hotel, but now its just a battle on our hands to try & get some of our £620 back.

My views are now that this hotel will not even open for the summer season this year. Sounds as if theres so much work to do, in so little time. Also the workmen will have to work in the heat which will surely slow them down
so this place is going to be shut for majority of the summer period? pretty bad for business surely?
Hi my friend who lives in Cyprus has been to talk to the owner. He will be lucky to open by mid July - they encountered unexpected structural faults when they were doing the alterations.
The Miramare hotel is ok but do try to keep out of Paphos - it's absolutely heaving and much more expensive than Limassol. If you can avoid Cyprus altogether you will be doing yourself a big favour.
Bye
if you can avoid cyprus altogether, you'd be doing yourself a favour.

And why is that.
What a thing to post, I have never been but am really looking forward to my visit after all the info I have gathered from this forum and other sites.

Explain yourself :evil:
If it is so bad, why are there so many Brits (including me) living here?
If you can avoid Cyprus altogether you will be doing yourself a big favour.
Bye

Thanks for your input...

Bye :?
Cazzmickntom - take no notice - We go on average four times a year...we must be wrong ???

Nah, don't think so...
Here Here,
Cyprus is my favourite place, bar none. Roll on September for my 8th visit. Everywhere is expensive these days, just go and try Italy. Personally speaking, if i have to watch every penny while away i would rather not go.
can anyone forward me any information or pictures due to go on 29th july.
very worried.
Can anyone tell me the latest on this hotel please? I am just about to book to go in October.
Hi carolyuk

To be quite honest I wouldn't risk it, I have contacts with a few people who say that they will be lucky if it even opens this summer. I no your thinking about booking for oct and its a few months away yet but i have some pictures of the hotel (bombsite) if you would like to see them let me no.

I booked with direct holidays due to go 29th july, was told that i could get to no as late as the day before we were due to go that the hotel wouldn't be ready so i have paid an admin fee and changed to another hotel.

If anyone would like to see the pictures please send me an e-mail

** Email address removed as per T&C's for member's privacy. Please use PM facility for contact. luci HT Mod **

Good Luck

Clare
Hello everyone - We took a look at this Hotel a week ago (10th - 17th June) and the whole of what was the reception area/building was still just a building site shell Does not look if it will be ready for some time yet on the brighter side if they renovate it to the standard they have at what was the Miramara it will obviously be a great place to stay - kindest regards
Got back from Limassol on Monday 16th July. Should have been in the Oasis but got fobbed off with the Miramare. What a horrible experience, We were told by the First Choice Rep at the welcome meeting that it was not a family hotel and the staff got very confused by the all inclusive. Food was horrible. Mostly luke warm and you never knew where u were going to eat.
We went on all inclusive with 2x 15yr olds. Entertainment in hotel was greek blokes singing with guitars. Spent most nights in the Atlantica Gardens bar with Heather and Jenny. Really good girls. This would have been our eighth time at the Atlantica, so friendly with most of the staff.
Michalis and Nicos are at the Gardens. Latest opening date was 1st Sept. Optimistic i think. But one thing for sure, this is going to be one hell of a hotel when it opens. We saw a lot of progress whilst we were there. If you go to the loos in the Nags head you can see into the grounds. Nicos told us it was like another hotel had been built underneath the existing one.
Tried to get a free holiday off the owner who does frequent the Gardens most nights. He drives a big black 4x4. Small oldish guy. Keep your eye out.
I dont think the problems with communications is from the Cyprus end. Again we were told that the Reps were sick of passing on comments and complaints. Apparantley First Choice have a Health and Safety Rep visiting the site on a weekly basis.
By the way the Miramare is full of Greeks and Russians, probably the rudest people i have ever met. My wife was subject to a gang of greek youths bombing her in the pool. When reported to the attendant they then carried on jumping over her head and splashing her. My daughter also had a pair of tongs snatched out her hand in the dining room by a Greek woman whilst getting her sweet.The in house animation consisted of one Russian girl who wanted to play Monopoly.
Also found that self caterers were being upgraded to half board and half boarders were upgraded to all inclusive. We booked all inclusive in July last year and got sod all for our trouble. We asked if we could use the drinks part of our all inclusive at the Gardens but it seems that that was too much trouble. It cost me a fortune in drinks and taxis that obviously we hadnt budgeted for. But what you supposed to do when yoiu have two teens who are bored out of their heads.

Defo booking for next year for the Oasis ( if its opened then. Ha ha ha)
just waiting to see if First Choice come to the party over compensation. They told us it was like for like, was it hell.
:lol:
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.