Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
I heard from a colleague today that the latest date for the re-opening will be 31st August.
It has been a complete nightmare of mis-information from the hotel owners and most ot our folks have been happy to be bumped to Miramare which is a good hotel but not family orientated.

Fortunately for the company I work for, Atlantica is not a major property, unlike Thompsons for whom it is a flagship hotel.

Louise
Hi, Has anyone else been moved from the atlantica oasis in limasol to the miramare beach hotel? The miramare looks good so heres hoping for a good holiday. Going 12 august for 2 weeks
Donny read further back on this topic as someone has returned from the Miramare and not had a good experience.
Well. here goes
got married in Limassol on the 15th June, soposed to be staying at the Atlantica Oasis as its child friendly ect ect..But obviously hasnt been completed and as we were getting married at the local Anglican Church we had to stay in Limassol ~
Checking in was fast and we were quite impressed the entrance and reception was lovely..
Room we stayed in room 408 which was 3 rd floor right at the end, overlooking entrance, was a big room and was clean and tidy....

First Impressions ~ was really good, we loved the outdoor pools excellent, location very good aswell

Staff ~ On reception they were very welcoming and friendly
Deck Bar~ Some was ok and had a laugh, others were far too abrupt esp with girl waitresses

Wet Bar~ Very down to earth and had time to sit with you and became to know who you were, very good with kids!

Spa, you get your towels for sun lounngers ect here,very nice people

House keepers ~Little english known but acknowledged you!

All Inclusive to me means ALL INCLUSIVE!

It was C**P,The kids were bored stupid age 10 and 6...nothing for them after pool closed, altho there is a small fair opposite the entrance,
very good location for beach and beach sports,
on a night
BEAWARE...BOY RACERS COME DOWN THE ROAD LIKE LUNATICS...
So please take care of this...

the hotel is beautiful and is relaxing and the meals was ok, but not a good option for children, they lived off chips for 2 weeks

Please make sure you ask what your entitlements are when booking in ~ DRINKS, FOOD ~
We learnt in the middle of our 2nd week, we could have as follows ~

Breakfast in the main dining room

From 10am coffee/Tea (Deck Area)

Lunch in the main dining room OR Deck Bar OR Wet Bar (Closes at 5pm)
From 5pm in the Deck Bar you can have Tea/Coffee ect

Evening Meal in the main dining room

Drinks all local, but if you wanted like eg~Tia Maria ask for local Equivulant as they will try fob you off, dont take no for an answer ,my mum supped bottles lol

Cocktails are in the All Inclusive aswell, so get them tried, again we wasnt aware of this untill our second week :roll:
Ice-creams for you and kids all day long :D

If you smoke, cigs can be bought behind the bar

Exchange your money at a local Kiosk not behind the Reception...PLEASE HAVE YOUR PASSPORT WHEN EXCHANGING
If you prefered to exchange at the bank then there is one at the top of the road turn right

If you want a chemist then come out of the hotel entrance turn left walk down the slope and walk into the carpark straight accross you will see a slope walk up it laundrette and barbers on your left as you walk up turn left and its next to a perfume shop and there is a bank there aswell

Taxi Rank opposite main hotel entrance very nice bloke who works there a oldish guy with grey hair, doesnt charge the earth neither, cos he knows he will get your custom....only charged us 4cy to the Arsinoe which is a fair walk in the sun!

As we got married there we had to go to Yermasoyis Town Hall and return was 20cy lovely place all the good shops...but very small village town which is beautiful

If you drive then please hire a car for a couple of days, the island is beautiful and its a shame to miss out!

All in all we did have a great time here, we will be going back to live hopefully in a couple of years time so it did something for us!

Have a great holiday!
Jo x
Thanks for the info Jo. Would you kindly add your review by Clicking Here
The Miramare now have their act together as regards activities for children. They have a full daytime programme for English kids and a kids disco most nights. I help with a friends karaoke show, and they all had a great time last night!
Hi
I know this is a forum regarding the Atlantica Oasis, but as most people are being bumped into the Miramare i thought you would like to know that the entertainment in the hotel is bound to be a vast improvement. We spent 2 weeks with Heather who was working at the Atlantica gardens. We got to meet Ed but he was moved to Ayia Napa the day after we arrived. You will see from my previous posting that although we were all inclusive at the Miramare, with 2 fifteen year olds we went to the Atlantica gardens every night. heather is the life and soul, we've never met anyone with as much energy and she is a fab person to get on with. A bit like Jimmy Krankie on speed but brilliant with the customers. As i said we barely met Ed but he was just as welcoming and the two of them really got on together. If you do meet Heather please please please ask her if she is Betty Swallocks :lol: :cry:
Does anyone know if the Oasis has opened yet? It was supposed to open on 1st September but no news on Atlantica website.
At work today (TO - not Thomson) that Atlantica Oasis is due to open next week. I don't know an exact date and I will believe it when I see it with my own eyes!

Louise
I checked with Thomson Holidayline yesterday and I was advised Atlantica have said it will be ready on 24 September.
Just found out that the Atlantica Oasis in Limassol opened on the 9th Sept 07. Thank goodness as I saw it in July and it was like a bomb site!! We are now going to stay there next month :lol:
see atlanticahotels website
So it looks like the only thing that has changed is the pool area then. Is that really a pirate ship by the pool, can you keep us informed, flyingal.
Hi

Can someone tell me is the Atlantica Oasis beside Castle Apartments and Sunsmile Apartments?

i'm trying to find my bearings and have been told they are in the area

Thanks
They are near the Castle Apts, a friend of mine stayed hear the same time we were supposed to be going to the Atlantica, we were going to meet up with him, that's how I know. If I remember, I recall him saying they were to the back of the hotel.
If you walk slightly down the street from the Atlantica, heading towards the seafront - take the small right hand turning that elevates slightly. First you reach the Sunsmile on your right side and the Castle apartments run round on the opposite side in a square. Castle is a very large complex, whereas Sunsmile is only small and backs onto the Atlantica Oasis.

CwB
Thanks a lot - We visited a few years ago and stayed at the Sunsmile and a few friends stayed at the Castle and I just wanted to make sure we were still in the same area!

That's a great help!

Cheers :cheers
Hi

I'm looking to possibly stay in Atlantica Oasis this Aug, photos look great, lobby area, pirates ship, pools etc - but I'm a bit concerned about reviews I'm reading that says they've booked to stay in Oasis but end up over the road in Atlantica Gardens - Has anyone actually stayed in the main building recently of Atlantica Oasis - if so could you please give me an update of the bedrooms - as these (acc to reviews) seem to be the downside of this otherwise fab hotel. I dont mind dated as long as its clean - also the room with bunk beds - is it in the main building??

Appreciate all replies
Most of the rooms in the Atlantica Oasis have now been refurbished. I was told they would be finished by July. All the public areas were done first, and they are beautiful, followed by the rooms. The self catering apartments are across the road and were used when rooms in the main building had not been completed.
Hi Carolh

Thanx for your reply - Did u actually stay in Atlantica Oasis?
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.