Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
We were at the Atlantis 14th Nov last year, the weather was fantastic, plenty hot enough to sunbathe. Did go a bit cold at night but all entertainment is in the hotel so no problems.
We went into Belek - a little town with market and several shops etc. You can get a bus from outside hotel to Side and Alanya. Well worth a trip. Also bus in Antalya. Well worth the trip also.
There will be plenty of other trips organised by the reps (didn't go on any of these though)

Any questions don't hesitate to ask. Regards Denny
Thanks for the info! We go on the 13th and I just wasnt sure what to expect with the weather. Are there any watersports on the hotels beach?
Yes the usual - parasailing, banana boats, ringos, pedaloes etc. Denny
Hi, I have just booked for the Alantis Hotel Belek, i have booked this hotel as it has good reviews if you have resent comments on this hotel please let me know thanks kazlin :cheers
our neighbours couldnt book with us at the sun zeynep so went here instead.
they had a fantastic time and want to go back in august and next year as well
any questions pm me and i will respond on their behalf
Hi Folks,

Been looking at this hotel and am seriously considering it for next year. We have been quoted £2100 for 2 weeks AI for 2 adults & 2 children going from Bristol on 2nd June. Is this a good price? Any way I can try & get it down a bit?

Also, never been to Turkey before. What will the weather be like in early June? and, more importantly has anyone ever stayed here before? The reviews seem good recently although on googling the property I have found that there have been reports of tummy bugs & food hygiene problems in the past which resulted in a child needing a kidney transplant :(

Can anyone tell me more about the pools, waterslides etc as my daughter is only 5 (and short) will she be allowed on them? Are they for children? What is the entertainment like? Hotel kids club any good? Basically any more information at all would be appreciated before I make my descision

Cheers
Fitzmum xx
hi fitzmum, I was at this hotel last year july 2nd for two weeks. My daughter was 4 and my son 8, they had a fab time. Your price is really good we were nearly £3000 but thats because we fly from Glasgow and it was July. It will be hot, but you get used to the heat after a few days. I also googled and found the story of the little girl awaiting a kidney transplant after staying at this hotel.

There were a lot of people that had tummy bugs, i managed to escape but my husband was ill for two days, the kids were fine. I wouldn't put it down to the hotel to be honest sometimes us humans don't cope too well after travelling to a foreign country and what with the different foods we shovel into our mouths how are we supposed to cope, after witnessing grown women and men not washing thier hands after going to the toilet etc no wonder people were being sick and suffering from endless bouts of toilet seat warming, (my husband included in that, he never washes his hands). Also people generally don't bother too much with hygene when on holiday they think what the hell my hands are clean and i'm just going back in the pool, so you can see the obvious signs, no washing of germs from hands, eating from the same hands and then spreading it to every other soul in the swimming pool. I washed my kids hands constantly and had germ hand gel with me also.

The hotel is huge but lots to do, my daughter went down all the flumes in a float suit and arm bands. We felt overall we enjoyed our stay here but it was too big a hotel for us and therefor booked a smaller hotel this year in Olu deniz. If there is anything in particular you want to know just send me a message.

Trace
Hi

We've booked for end of July next year - 2 adults and 2 boys 14 and 13 years old, cost £2,400.......we were very pleased with the price.
Been to Belek four times before in two different hotels and we love it, not a lot outside of the hotels, and there can be a lot of Russsians, we like the mixture of nationalities.

It can get very hot in Belek in July and we have never had any issues with illness.
Thanks for your replies - have now booked the Hemera in Side instead as we got an excellent price & I could find out more about the hotel as there were many good reviews

Cheers
Fitzmum xx
we have booked limak atlantis for 16th november for a week booked a family room with 2 bedrooms but cant find anything about them on their website
has anyone stayed in the family rooms ?
Will the pools still ok fo ra swim and the pool with the waterslides too?
anyone know what the weather is like in november
whats the hotel like ?

looking forward to going cant wait a week of sun (hopefully) sea and sand
:cheers
Hi June, sorry don't know what the family rooms are like, but the standard rooms were very good. We went there on 14th Nov the year before last and had an excellent time. The weather was really good and we all came back with excellent tans. The pools were VERY cold,(but then they often are in Turkey). The sea was a lot warmer.... There is also a heated indoor pool which was excellent, and good spa treatments too.
The nights were cold, but all the entertainment was indoors, so wasn't a problem.
Food was excellent, stocked minibar etc.Top shelf drinks and nice indoor bars. Not a lot to do outside of the hotel, but some good trips. Easy to get a bus to Side, which if you have not already been, is an excellent day out. Market on Saturday (if I remember correctly) in Belek for all your bargains.
You will have a great time, we did!
Anything else you need to know, just ask.
Denny
taking my 3 kids aged 11 boy and 2 girls 1 16 and one whos 16 while we there hope the kids stuff for them to do
they like joining in with activites says in brouchur that the top shelf drinks are not included

we looking forward to it :cheers
Looking to book for july 2009 thomas cook say there is no late room option on there system, just wondering if anyone has been to this hotel before and how easy and the cost to book a late room at the hotel cheers
Hi, the cost of hireing a late checkout room is about 70 euros, but our last visit last year we did not bother as we had a late flight back to england and we spent the day round the pools then we used the showers round the pools. You can book a late checkout room when you are at the hotel ,but they are pricey!!!
We have booked for july 2009.
We had such a great holiday at the Alantis that we felt that we had to go back again next year and it is the first time that we have done this as we say that we will never go back to the same place again!!
Go and enjoy its a lovely Hotel :sun2
Thanks for the reply thomas cooks`s said the same 50 euro`s till 6pm and 75 till 9pm bookable with the hotel . :tup
Hi, has any one seen the grafiti at the Alantis Hotel pool.(bottom pool near the slides)
I just think that it lets the hotel down.
Why do people have to spoil such a lovley place!! :duh

I am still going back next year as i was very impressed this year, apart from the grafiti !!!!!!!
hopefully it will be sorted out for next year!!!
:sun2
Hi we have booked to go to the above in oct will the weather still be warm?? and anything good or bad about this hotel? thanks
Hi Liana,
We have not stayed there but stayed at their sister hotel the Limak lara and that was excellent and we are returning there next Easter!
We stayed this easter at the Cornelia deluxe in Belek which is a couple of hotels from the Atlantis, we walked past it and it was in full swing at Easter whereas some hotels where still not fully operating after winter! the hotel does go on winter concept on the 1st of November and then only local drinks are included and not 24 hours, so you should be fine in October! The weather should be nice during the day but cool in the evenings!There are some good reviews on tripadvisor and photos!! We are going 23rd October to Antalya region so fingers crossed for good weather!!

Here is a link to the Limak website incase you have not been on there! I would e-mail and make special requests like quiet room, High or low floor etc

http://www.limakhotels.com/
Hi not sure on the weather but stayed at the atlantis in july could not fault the hotel at all .The food was superb especially the pasta and pizza in the afternoon ,the entertainment at night was not bad either especially when they were catering for so many nationalities there were alot of russians and turkish staying when we were there .I am sure you will have a great time enjoy
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.