Spain - Costa Blanca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Blanca.
Yes, this saga has been dragging on for a couple of years now. The developers were given planning permission for a 10 storey hotel structure, but once construction got under way, they allegedly decided to add 11 additional floors without planning consent. I believe the intention was to create the largest hotel complex in Europe. Complaints from local residents and business, as well as several fatalities on the building site, resulted in the Mayor demanding closure of the site and I think building work was eventually halted around two years ago. The owners were instructed to demolish the 11 unauthorised floors, and legal arguments have been going on ever since.

David :wave
Is there any more progress with the Atrium Beach hotel saga at Cala Finestrat? When we were there in November they were at a standstill as there had been some fatal accidents and also it was built too high.
Regards
Sue
Approval to proceed with demolition of the illegal floors was finally granted a couple of weeks ago .... click here for more.

And it seems that the actual demolition is not going without incident ... click here for more.

David :wave
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.