Cruises

Discussions relating to Cruising holidays
Hi gill1scott is it worth the risk? we have never been this late/early but have spoken to people who have and they could not dock at a lot of the ports
good luck
Roger
we are off to the Caribbean tomorrow :cheers
We have been in August and September, prime months for Hurricanes, but had no problems. The good thing about a cruise is that if bad weather is headed your way they will just take you somewhere else.
Hurricanes don't normally affect cruises too much, unless they make landfall at your port of embarkation, then it's obviously a problem.
If you go in early August the chances are reduced, if you look at the history of Caribbean Hurricanes most of them hit late August into September.
Of course if you book a Southern Caribbean itinerary, ( Aruba etc) you are outside the Hurricane Zone..
Which cruise lines do the Caribean then in July and Aug. Might be looking for cruise and stay in Orlando for July or August 2011.

Thanks in advance
Currently all the major US cruise lines do Caribbean cruises all summer- RCCL, Carnival,Princess, Celebrity and this year NCL will have the new Epic which looks very beautiful from what I have seen so far, but I'm not sure if she is staying in the Carib in 2011 .
If you want to cruise from Port Canaveral then the new Carnival Dream will still be sailing in summer 2011- RCCL have Freedom of the Seas, Monarch of the Seas and from Tampa the Carnival Legend.
Lots more choices from the S Florida ports, you could stay in Orlando then get a return SWAirlines flight ( 1hr) to FLL pretty cheap if you book ahead http://www.iflyswa.com
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.