Cruises

Discussions relating to Cruising holidays
Princess have an always available menu, this include Sirloin steak, and fillet steak.

With this they have veg of the day and you can add a baked potato an/or chips. If you just want certain veg then just ask. we always have a special salad made and it is no problem.

Cruises are agreat place to try other foods since you can order anything and everything on the menu and just leave what you don't like, seems like a lot of waste but you will get the hang of it.

We normaly pick something we like and if something else looks good have an extra order to share with the table. Same with deserts not sure order them all.
Thanks for the information - much happier now. Can hardly wait - just researching the trips we can do while there - seem so many to choose from but I'm sure we'll find something we will both enjoy. 8)
Get on to cruisecritic and sign up for the roll call. here is a link to all the crown princess rollcalls. Find yours(watch US dates mm/dd/yy) will need to register.(there are two threads for feb3rd,1each for 17th,31st)

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=299

you will get loads of ideas and may be able to join in on some DIY trips with others to cut costs. You get meet people(virtual world) before you go, and get a party out of it.

Best way to prepare for a cruise and hit the ground running with people that know the ship and cruising allready.

Remember after the cruise to come back here and tell everyone about it.

Any further question, jusk ask we have not done Crown but have doen the Sea and the Sun.
Windjammer thanks for all your information - really helpful. I wonder if there is one thing you could answer for me. I know that there are hairdryers in all the cabins but I would really like to take my own, and my hair straighteners (can't possibly go without them and have a bad hair fortnight!!), but have heard that you can only take certain small electrical items. Do you know if these are allowed and, if so, do I just need to get an adapter? I wasn't sure what the voltage was on the ships -is it 220 the same as in the UK?

My boyfriend is very excited now as he has always wanted to fly on a helicopter so I've said that I will pay for him to do it when we go to St Thomas - has anyone ever done this? Swimming with the dolphins looks amazing so I might give that a go.
At the moment you can get some good deals on teletext on TV.
:D
Be sure to read your 'Princess Patters' every day,it's a program of all the next day's activities. They deliver it to the rack outside your cabin every evening. I carry mine with me all the time so I dont' miss anything.
Be sure and go to MUTS - Movies under the stars,it's great sitting up on deck at night watching a movie while they bring you hot popcorn,drinks and a blanket.
Well, we're back from our cruise and it was fantastic. The Crown Princess is a gorgeous ship, very big but it never felt crowded. We visited some fabulous islands but it definitely makes you realise how lucky we are when you see how some of the people live out there. If anyone wants to know anything about the ship, let me know and I will be happy to let you have our thoughts.
Glad to here you had a good time, why not right up a review, have a look at a few to get an idea but do your own thing, I find reviews from first timers quite refreshing since you will see things us old timers take for granted these days.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.