Spain - Balearics - Majorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Majorca.
DON'T GO the animals are in a awfully sad state. They just look so sad in there cages. I don't think they are badly treated just lonely and need more companions and space. There is lots of lovely places to see nearby just give the auto safari a miss. The aquarium by the Caves of Drach is supposed to be good tho haven't been myself for a few years now. Enjoy your hols ,I'm getting a bit excited now may see you at Palma Airport? CBG
I'm getting excited too we're into the less than 24hrs countdown.

About to leave the office in 10 minutes and home to pack - lol

We fly from Doncaster at 19.30hrs by which time you should be heading for the fiesta.

Hope you have a lovely time and see you on the boards on our return.
Please don't go!!!!!

We went last year and it's haunted me ever since - two chimps in a cage with nothing at all to occupy them and one just sat sucking his lip - it absolutely broke my heart.

The actual tiger show (Karl Nauman) was horrific - no other words for it and if we hadn't been hemmed in from all sides I would have walked out but we were packed in and couldn't move and had to sit thru' it - tigers appeared to be drugged and were jit with a big stick - one was dragged along the floor as part of the finale which really upset me.

The other animals in cages/compounds had little or no shelter and few had no fresh water to drink - it was just awful and I'd NEVER go back.

The safari is now ranked 3rd most complained about attraction from the Born Free Foundation just in case you think it's just me with a problem with the place altho' CBG agrees too so I'm not alone.

Have a FAB time.
i was in sa coma lat week and passed this 'place' i have to say it looked desserted , if the car park is at the front near the entrance then it had only a handful of cars there, and no one around, i commented to my hubby that maybe it had closed down...it isnt the sort of place i would ever go to, especially after reading stuff on this forum....................just to make matters worse though i spotted a circus with animals :( in arenal when we were going to the water park, various ponies, camels etc tethered outside and a truck with tigers inside very sad indeed.
Emso - the 'car park' is always like that - they have a couple of free buses that go from the local resorts throughout' the day - you then offload and get on a safari 'train'.
oh that is a shame, i hoped it was'nt popular.. i travelled with thomson and they certainly don't make any reference to it as one of their excursions, do any other operators promote it?
I don't think any of the tour ops 'promote' it as such - have to say I don't think I saw any leaflets in the Cala Bona tourist info office this year so maybe they're trying to sway away from the place too.

We can live in hope.

We only tried it as we'd seen the buses and with having little ones we thought it would be a canny day out without going too far but it was just awful and I really wished we hadn't set foot in the place.

Tis x
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.