Spain - Balearics - Majorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Majorca.
Going to the Safari Apartments in Sa Coma in June, which is the best floor to request an apartment on? Has anyone been? What did you think?
We stayed at the Safari Park apartments twice last year. On our first visit we were in room 3021 and on our second visit we were chose to stay in room 3025. Both rooms equally nice and had great views over one of the many swimming pools. We were lucky enough to get the sun from noon till sunset on the balcony which ever room we stayed in. You will not be disappointed with these apartments, they are fantastic. We would be returning there ourselves, but they are fully booked when we want to go, which is the end of may. We have therefore booked for the Vista Badia which is in the same complex as the Safari Park, collectively known as the Sa Coma Resort from 1st May 2006. I know you will have a fantastic holiday there. Have a great time.
Thanks for that, that reassures me now, you never know what place will be like until you arrive, they all look nice in the brochures, we originally requested a ground floor or first floor apartment but from what i have read on i think we will be better to go for a second or third floor apartment my only concern is having two young children!
Hi there, new member alert.

I'm off to Sa Coma on 16th July with my husband, 13yr old son and daughters aged 10 and 1. I know the Safari Apts are predominantly German tourists but there will be some English there won't there. I'm just thinking about company for my eldest 2. Are there any organised activities for kids their age and has anyone been to the Safari Apts in peak season. Thanks in advance.

A
Click Here for our reviews of these apartments. 8)
Hi me again.

Does anybody know what type of cot i.e traditional or travel you get at the Safari apts and also if highchairs are available to hire for using in your apartment. My little one will be 15 months when we go and self feeding so REALLY need a highchair. Thanks

A :shock:
The cots that these apartments supply to my knowledge are of a traditional wooden design and are also in very new condition. To be honest the best cots that I have seen whilst on holiday. Although the cots are supplied free of charge, other baby equipment can be hired direct with the hotel, but I think there is a small charge. Hope this helps.
Both the Safari and Vista Badia are nice hotels, Safari larger and Vista Badia slightly more upmarket.

There will be plenty of British kifs for your children to link up with so no worries there. Probably 60/40 Germans to Brits but no problems and if anything I would say the Germans raise the standards of the hotels.

Have a nice time.

Cheers

Dave
Myself and my family stayed in the Safari Apartments this year, i have come home minus two items of brand new clothing (with tags on) brought in the uk prior to travelling. These are the only two items of clothing that i cannot account for. Has anyone else had any similar experiences?

thanks

emma
anyone got any info on these apartments thinking of going 3 nights s/c
Hi there,
I like the look of these all inclusive apartments but I can only find 1 company that sell them - Portland Direct

Does anyone know if they can be booked anywhere else? I like to try & barter the price down a bit if I can from company to company
Thanks x
Why not book direct with Protur? I am going to the Protur Palmeras Playa this weekend. I have booked directly on their website,very easy to do and if you can get cheap flights it works out very reasonably priced.
Hi. We booked direct a couple of years ago (October half term). When we checked Portland for 'late deals' it was cheaper to book with them than what we had paid to book direct. I suppose it's down to personal choice. We hired a car from the airport for a week (which we hardly used). Sometimes, you just can't beat the package price,.
We've just booked direct with Protur for the Vista Badia. It was easy to do, English speaking staff and much better than booking a package in my opinion. Little things like being able to keep your room after 12 noon on the last day at no extra cost, a request for a certain floor in the appts guaranteed and no cheesy reps and sales meetings to attend !!! I reckon we've saved several hundred pounds doing it DIY and have done it many times, just to be able to travel to the hotel under your own steam rather than have to endure the dreaded transfer coach is a bonus in itself!!!
Well, from the Protur website it works out at 2450 euro just for the accomodation (Which I estimate to be about £1800) thats without flights. Portland is quoting £2250 for the package so theres not much in it really.

The dilemma now is whether to hang on & see if theres a drop in prices or bite the bullet and book to guarantee the flights......mmmm
Hello people,
Looking at the Protur Safari apartments in Majorca.
We are a family of 4 (boy 7 yrs and girl 5 yrs). Like a good bit of entertainment in the evenings and the option of getting involved in the day time ents.
Couple of questions if anyone can help.

What time do the AI drinks etc finish in the evenings and are there time restrictions on ice creams etc.?

How far to the beach?

What's the grub like?

How long is the transfer from the airport?

Looking at the brochure, it seems that there are more than one hotel on the complex. Can you use all the facilities at the other hotels, and if so is there a charge?

Thanks in advance for anyone who can help.

Mick.
Hi micknmill :wave:

good choice, fancied ourselves. Check on the DIY option from the Protur website as we found it worked out cheaper than package. Click the link for A/I details http://www.protur-hotels.com/en/hotels/protur-safari-park-aparthotel.html
Has anybody been to these apartments?
We are thinking of grabbing a quick week away later this year and like the look of these apartments.
Just wanted to know of your experiences, is it good for an 8 and 6 year old, who did you book with and how long the trasfer from the airport to the apartments was. Many thanks x
Stayed many times in its sister hotel the Vista Badia next door in the "Protur Village". The Safari is a large complex and I think it is used extensively for German and Dutch guests, not a problem to me personnally however it means a lot of the animation teams and entertainers are geared up more for our foreign friends rather than English. The Protur complex itself is excellent and of a high quality and will take around an hour by transfer coach if taken direct or 35 minutes by car if you hire or taxi. Hope this helps.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.