Spain - Balearics - Majorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Majorca.
Think you're looking at about 45 minutes on a good run and that's taking the new motorway skirting Manacor into consideration.
Thanks tisonlymoi. It didn't say transfer time in the brochure and I have a little one who gets travel sick but anything up to about an hour shouold be fine x
Youre probably correct Tis. I did it in 35 minutes from Vista Badia to the Airport only because we overslept and were worried about missing our flight home so did hammer it all the way!!
lol Barnio

Daffs - if you're getting a normal transfer (coach) it could end up being a bit longer tho' my feeling would be that they might be one of the first drop-offs (don't know as haven't done a normal transfer for a canny few years). I'd have a few plaggy bags ready 'just in case' and hope you won't need them.

While I'm on I'll warn you off about visiting the Auto Safari - please don't do it, it features in the Top 10 most complained about attractions from Born Free Foundation. Looks like a good day out but take it from me (and others) it's not, never ever again!

Tis
Your correct tis, I haven't done transfer coach since the time we stayed in Sa Coma and the transfer went via Cala Dor, Porto Cristo, S'illot and then Sa Coma. Last drop after a tea time flight meant us getting to bed at around 3am. Spoilt our first day. The driver was ordered to stop at a garage after a near mutiny on the rep so we could go to the toilet and buy some water.
Thanks both of you.
Might get hold of Thomas Cook and see if they can give me some idea of transfer time. If we have to go to everywhere else first and it takes a while then I think we might look at somewhere else. Really don't want a sick child on my hands, it's not fair on him or anyone else x
My one hate with protur is the polyester sheets they use, balls of material all over them, very uncomfortable, give cotton anyday. Pool are deep all over except 1 small pool, so if you have kids beware, I can't understand why they made the pools deep when it s aimed at families.
Can anyone tell me if you can upgrade to AI at the safari apts when you arrive at the hotel if you have booked self catering through a travel agent if so how much this costs. Thanks
Hi Ive booked via portland got 2, 1 bedroom apartments all inclusive 29th August for 10 nights 4 adults for £2820. We thought this was a brill deal because it was the same price as us all going in 1 apartment and with 2 girls 20 and 17 we need our space (can never get in the bathroom). We know its a good hotel having visited 3 times before, last time when the eldest was 17. Cant wait to go. :cheers
From what I can tell, everyone on here is going as a family. Are these apartments ok for couples too?
IMHO if I was going as a couple, I would try somewhere else. It is a vast complex but very good because of the range of activies; golf/pools etc. We have stayed there a couple of times and it is great if you have a few kids cos they are able to 'do their own thing' around the complex.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.