Spain - Canary Islands - Tenerife Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tenerife.
average spend?
12 Posts
Hi, going myself in two weeks and on average would say £100 per day. I have a wife and two children age 12 and 5.
Hope this helps and would love to hear what others have to say on a daily spend.
we were in LC in December. we spent approx £1000 in a week. we were SC, ate out every meal, had the drinks, hired a car, did the trips and excursions and the kids bought a few bits. Kids are now 16 and 14.

I think everyone's needs are different, as are preferences. We tend to go mad on holiday anyway as we think we've earned a blow out and don't really bother how much money we spend as long as we all have a good time. ( and in tenerife, you certainly will..)
:D We usually take 2,000E, when we go on a 2 week sc holiday, (2 adults,1 child), and we usually eat out twice a day, every day. (Brekkie, and evening meal), and we go out every night too, may have a couple of trips out too, and we usually find we have about 200-300E left at end of week, which we'll spend on duty free (Ciggies). This year we're going half board and are taking 1,500E, (On a bit of a budget this year, as I had a mad idea of booking another holiday for my mum's 65th birthday, to benidorm in Oct - without telling other half- but that's another story!).BBB.
We budget for £100 per day and then have a couple of hundred quid to buy a few bottles of perfume etc.

Sometimes we go over it, but it usually balances out............so yes I reckon £1000 for a week (you could do it on MUCH less but if you want to splurge a little!) and £2000 for two weeks!
as you say everyone is different. I went at the beginning of June AI and only spent £100.
debbymark
Wish I was you, now that I see the credit and debit card statements coming in! :omg :lol:
Only joking really.
We're on holiday after all! and we've worked hard for it. Two of us spent about £2000 in 2 weeks recently.That's eating out,a snack for lunch and a decent meal at night,drinks in the bars,hiring a car for a couple of days,a boat trip and some perfumes etc.... because they're much cheaper than at home.
Fiona, we stayed in the Bahia Principe and AI. We only left the Hotel one day to buy perfume. We enjoyed it very much and would definately go AI again
debbymark
Glad you had a good holiday at the Bahia Principe. Seems like a really lovely hotel. Would probably consider all inclusive myself, if I wasn't vegetarian...worry that I might be too limited where food's concerned.
When it comes down to it, no matter how we all choose to spend our holidays,it all adds up......but reckon we all deserve it when we've been working hard etc. :wink:
hi i am heading to the oasis golf apartments in a week's time - not sure how much i would need to budget for 2 adults and 2 young children on s/c basis - we would probably go out to the medieval night, the jungle park and the whale watching but apart from that we will probably be just taking it easy so are hoping to stick within the £100 a day limit the rest of the time - does that sound fairly reasonable to you guys - never been to tenerife before and not sure whether i am being optimistic or not :D suppose it depends if i can make it past all the lookie lookie men (",)
Should be fine estimating on £100 per day.

There are a few good supermarkets, and a couple of meals made in the apt and eaten on the balcony can be a nice change before you head out as well as saving a few bob
Thanks very much for getting back to me - thats great i will budget for that :P
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.