Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Nothing worse than holidaying with awkward friends but I'm fairly certain you will all need to check in together I'm afraid . Hopefully someone will correct me if I'm wrong .
You're correct Lyn. Under no circumstances should you rip out any tickets from the booklet.
no sorry - you'll have to all check in together.
kristina,

As mentioned above, all passengers under a single booking must be present at check-in together. If they aren't, they won't be allowed to check-in. This is for security reasons, ie someone could have found the ticket outside and try and check-in as that person.

Darren
Suppose you could photocopy their tickets and give them a copy for their own peace of mind, so they can look at them and see the details. Of course the copy will be neither use nor ornament at the airport, but it might save any tensions.

I know i'm sad but when its ticket time i usually like to have another loook at details eg for booking taxi to airport etc. Its all part of the run up. Mind you most of us are looking at the volcano, weather forecasts and NATS at the moment.

Bev
Flip me :yikes Good luck with the holiday. Doesn't sound a great start if they're moaning about something so trivial already!
why not give them the tickets to hold and let them realise just how petty they are being?

we have holidayed with friends who have done nothing but row, never again will i make that mistake,
now we meet up with couples that we have met over the years and we all do our own thing and meet several times during the holiday for meals etc.. this works great for us.

Andy and mel

P.S good luck to all with your flights over the next couple of weeks lets hope this dust cloud settles and we all get our well earned hols to the land of the gods :)
I have heard to many horror stories of friends going on holiday to gether and by the time the holiday is over they are ex friends. Must admit it is not something that I would evr do, I value my friends too much

Stewart
Be careful your awkward friends don't look at this site for a review of the holiday :yikes :yikes
My wife has suggested a few times over the last 5 years "Wouldn't it be a good idea for us, her Sister & husband & her brother & his wife & all of our children, to rent a villa & go on holiday together?"

My reply has always been...."No sweetheart that wouldn't be a good idea!"

I'm as sociable as the next man but the last thing I want from a holiday is to be working to a rota for getting ready in the morning & evening & taking it in turns to decide where to eat each evening. I think the earlier post is spot on, go as friends, come back as ex-friends lol.
hi,

a holiday is to get away from everyone, you can be together at home, why pay to be together when away !! it's a time to chill and relax not to get stressed over who's doing what and when :rofl :rofl
We go on holiday with friends every year and we have a great time.

We all abide by one rule, it's your holiday, do you own thing unless there is mutual agreement, that way there is no issues if we decide to go for a meal on our own, or do a different trip than they want to.

If we do eat out together which actually happens about 60% of the time as we do enjoy each others company we always set up two bills for the table, one for each family, this prevents any issues splitting bills at the end of the night which I have known to cause issues with other people.

Dave
We go on holiday to get away from awkwaed friends ,if we meet people on holiday and get on with them, great.

The wife is awkward enough :rofl to think of taking any of her friends along with us would make me stay at home. :D

Peter
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.