Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
Ayia Napa
8 Posts
Depends what time of year your thinking of travelling ?

Ayia Napa "party central" is only a very small part of this resort, it's a large and very diverse resort with something for everyone IMO. You can stay just a couple of miles out near Nissi Beach area and venture into Napa centre as you wish, please remember the famous "square" where all the party people congregrate is small by comparison to the rest of the resort, I know people who haven't even come across it during a holiday in Ayia Napa.

On the beach side of things there are an abundance of beautiful beaches in this area, Nissi, Macronissos, Grecian Bay, so many to choose from.

You have a large choice of 4/5 start hotels to choose from depending on which area you decided upon. Some of which are literally on the beaches.
We're thinking of early July. Just looking at hotels and Hotel Grecian Bay looks good.
Hot, Hot, Hot :tongue

The Grecian Bay area is just outside Napa centre and an easy walk in. The Grecian Bay and the Grecian Sands hotels are both lovely and some consider to be the best in the area.....very popular with wealthy europeans and UK couples having weddings there.

Grecian beach is literally on your doorstop too which a small but perfectly formed beach ;)
If you use the search facility at the top of the page and the hotel reviews section there's loads of info on both hotels and the area.
you need to look at Nissi Beach which is about 2 km from the party area there are some very good 3/4/5 star hotels in this area and its a bit too far for the drunk party crowd to go to
Our friends swear by the Aneas (sp)others have been to Olympic Lagoon nearer to the water park and loved it .

The beaches are fab, being nearly retirement age, we love Ayia Napa/Protaras Area and have not seen any bother.

Grecian Hotels are very good been to a few weddings in Grecian Sands also Grecian Park but this is nearer to Protaras and a bit more isolated but fabulous beach here.
Napa is great for beaches and don't be put off by the talk of it just being a destination for rowdy party goers.
Most of the serious night life dosn't kick off til after midnight. I love the great places to eat there and miss all the noise as i'm normally sat back on the holtel balcony by 10pm with a couple of shandy's (or 3). :cheers
As far as hotels go, have a look at Adams Beach, Tasia Maris (Thomson exclusive) and Anesis.

J.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.