Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
ayia napa
209 Posts
Hi,
Ayia Napa is great for young people and you will really enjoy it. I cannot help you with the flights or the Taxi fares but since I've worked there for quite a while I can give you some info:
(Cyp costs about 15% more than the UK pound)
- Ayia Napa's restaurants are slightly more expensive than in other cities but they are a lot cheaper than similar restaurants in the UK. On July the place is crowded thus quality of services/food is lower.
- Avoid fast food (bad quality and expensive).
- Rent a small bike (it is very cheap and will save you lots of time and money) or a car.
- Do your basics shopping at the Kokkinos supermarket in Paralimni (10 min. drive with the bike) cos mini markets in Ayia Napa are 30-50% more expensive.
- The square is full of pubs and noise, ppl meet there be4 the clubbing
- Clubbing is really fun in Ayia Napa. Many London based dj's and mc's are coming to play for a night or 2 especially on July. Entrance fee is around 5 CYP (except when famous dj's arrive then it goes UP). Flyers are everywhere and you can get a discount. Ladies are more likely to enter for cheaper or sometimes for free!
- Drugs are illegal in Cyprus, ALL of them. Nobody cares if they are for personal use or not ---> the person caught with any drug will be in trouble ; he may end up in jail for 3-8 days to ''help the investigations''. Just have this in mind, I hope it helps.
Hi everyone 1st post :D

Taxi will cost around £25-30Cy. Make sure you agree a price before you get in but there is a tariff posted by the taxi rank at the airport.

Drinks are from £1cy upwards depending on where and what you are drinking. Drinks get more expensive the nearer the square you get. Carlsberg bottles for example £1.50 rat and parrot/craigs/trotters, £2.00 linakers (sp). gasoline, £2.50 Bedrock and square. Prices from last Sept.
Cocktails much cheaper but too scared to try them :?

Foods as cheap as you like, breakfasts typically £2.00 but vary in quality, Garys highly recomended. Later you can eat as cheaply as you like - pizza places do all you can eat for £3cy. I would recommend going to at least 1 local restaurant, for £10 (ish) 2 courses and wine.

Hope that helps.

Julie
flights to Cyprus are not cheap. its probably better to wait last minute now

Friends booked last week from this site flying tomorrow £52 each deal of the day.

http://www.xl.com

Elizabeth,
Thank you very much for you replies, they are of great help to me and are exactly the type of thing I need to know.

Does anybody know if they will hire a car to a 20 yr old?

Thanks again
I think that you need to be 21 but small companies are more flexible...
Update on the drugs problem:
A couple from England was arrested in Ayia Napa on Saturday for 1 extacy pill and then the police found 31 pills in their appartment. They are under custody for 4 days.
This is not a joke. Be extremely cautious (avoid drugs) in Cyprus.
hi I agree with the last comment on drugs. I read the cyprus mail every day and tolerance on this issue is NILL many holiday makers find themselves in the local govenment hotel for their stay the local law are also tightening up on roat traffic offenses..

but don't be put off be aware and you will have a great time

brian
hi all,
we're flying out for the first time on 20th july and staying in paphos. wanted to know if its worth doing the journey to napa for a day or two. whats it like there, heard something about them trying to restrict tourism there? is this true and what sort of nightlife, watersports etc. can i expect? thanks in advance,
james.
you will love the nightlife there!!!!
Ayia napa is great, we loved it. when we stayed in ayia napa we hired a jeep for the day and visited paphos. We left ayia about 9.30am we stopped at larnaca, limmassol and a few other off the beaten track beaches on the way. We arrived in Paphos about 3.00pm we went to have a look at the riu cypria maris, cause my mum was staying there. We drove down to the harbour and parked our jeep we had a look around, then we went down to valley of the kings had a look around. Then we drove back down to Paphos and had a meal at the harbour, by the castle. We had a few drinks (well i did) in paphos and we left about 9.30pm we were back in Ayia napa for midnight.

The jeep was great to have for the day, and visiting another resort was a real eye opener.

I would suggest hiring a jeep leaving early stopping or driving through limmassol (not one of my favourite resorts) have a look through larnaca, then go on to Ayia napa. The square is nice and the beach even better. Then a bit further along the road is protaros, this is worth a visit for you. also just outside protaros is a look out for farmagusta, with information. this is a must if you are visiting this area.

Maybe you could book 1 nights accommodation in ayia napa and stay over then go back to paphos the next day this would then be the icing on your cake. Well worth it.

Pm me if you want any answers, like where to park in ayia napa to see things, the way to protaras and the way to the look out point for farmagusta.
Hi,

Knw uve probs been asked this soooo many times in past BUT :roll: its my firs time to Napa. Go in 2 wks stayin at Napa Plaza (any gud?) BB. But would be really helpful if some one could tell me how much me and my GF woul need for 2wks. Already got brekkie sorted obviouly (BB) we'll be out every night for dinner and clubbing most nights tho not every night!!!!

Any help would be fantastic and i thank you in advance
:wink: :lol:
Hi, were away to Aiya Napa too and staying in the same pad, June 5th onwards! Here its a decent enough place, although as we all know Aiya napa can be a little lively!!

Steve and Jo
Hi

Im a 29 year old single male from berkshire thinking of going to aiya napa in september as i have no one to travel with, would you guys think i will be ok on my own? im a little bit shakey still after a relationship break early this year but really need a holiday later in the year. i will only got for the week on my own as i dont wana get bored but i really want something with some life in it! i have been to the resort before on a lads holiday before many years ago, but am nervous travelling alone, would you good people recommend it or should i look for another destination.???
i want to meet loads of people have a great fun and club nights and general just be a lad but on my own im not too sure i will njoy it? or are there any other single travellers going same sort of time
hello all. going napa with the lads in september, will it be dead or is it dead all year round now?
Don't worry m8. I always visit Ayia Napa alone. It's safer this way and u can always meet people there!
Enjoy
PS. It would be better for you if you come on July (much busier here)
8)

Please do not use phone text ie M8 etc thanks Briar
i see where you coming from im away in july to lanzxarote with a mate but want something different later in year and i know aiya napa will be hot then.... so you think i will be ok alone? i will get a nixe hotel so im not bored i you think i be ok i might even do 10 days
Hi, you will as lonely as you want to be...I did the same thing but to san antonio in ibiza a few years back when i too had a relationship breakup, dont worry about being on your own you'll blend in with the crowd. The only thing about ayia napa is that it isnt as busy as it used to be particularly if your not going in peak season. When I went to ibiza i spent most of my time either chilling around the pool or beach during the day, on a night i would go to busy bars where you didnt stand out too much if you were on your own. :shock:
Hi elboy, must admit the last couple of times ivbe been there in august its been quite quiet even late in the night, i think thats what the authorities have been trying to achieve by making it a more family resort, if its late september your going then it probably will be quite... :lol:
We went in October last year. It was still busy.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.