Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
Ayia Napa
209 Posts
had this one before my answer under

Posted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 12:04 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hi
generaly speaking.Cyprus is one of the safest places to go crime rate is low, but i will offer the same advice that i would give to any one traveling abroad.
Be aware and dont go off with people you dont know, the locals are fine, most problems are caused by visitors. If you are taking valuables or a lot of cash dont keep them all with you (you might loose them), make use of the deposit boxes available at most hotels.. be freindly and confident,you should have a holiday to remember.. There is a lot of history and scenary on the island. try a few organised trips.

enjoy yourself

brian and jean
Hi,
I have been to Cyprus a few times, and can say that on my last time i had noticed the change in prices. Like anywhere, you have to shop around, you won't go wrong for food, as most places, are great. Just be carefull, in the square-clubbing area. They say it's happy hour, (Buy 1 get 1 free), but you end up paying for it. Example £4.00 - £5.00 for a pint. I haven't really, been to the clubs, so can't cost that, but we took £1000 for 2 weeks, as we were S/c, we ate out most nights, and went drinking every night. Just remebered, they hadn't joined the european union then, that might have affected prices.
Hope this helps a bit, no matter what you will love it, it's a lovely place.
If u ever ever paid 5pounds for a pint you should report it to the manager of the pub because it is obvious that the barman cheats to increase his income. Be warned that this is not the owner's policy cos they know that the ppl are coming in groups and they talk with each other. I am 100% positive since I've worked in A.N for years that this is a bar-tender fraud ---> please always report such activities to the owners to ensure that you and the others will receive the best possible service
Ok, i have a fair idea what this resort has to offer for 18-30s
but can anyone tell me where i can take my family (17\16\13\11\5 & 1)
on evenings?

As we have a baby with us anywhere close to our apartments is a bonus!
Staying at the Anesis Apartments any updated info would be apreciated.

Many Thanks

Lloyd
Go to the Jasmin bar it is on the main road at the back of the square. It is a eating place and it is lovely. then at 11.00pm this mad DJ comes on and they give everybody popcorn and it is thrown at people. It is really funny, your kids will love it. the have the conga and all sorts like that. It is really a fun bar. Another fun bar is the Queen Vic down by the harbour it does some great karoke. Senior frogs is a nice bar, not for mums and dads though. You could sit in the English bar opposit and let the kids (well the 17 & 16 year old) go to Senior Frogs, then you can keep your eye on them. It would make them feel a bit special. As they are at that age. But the Jasmin bar and standing on the tables singing and dancing is a must.
It's not just pubs and bars in Ayia Napa.
There is a fair sized amusement park there as well.
(plenty bars as well.)
:) :)
PARKY45... what do you mean by fair size amusement park. me and my son like rollercoasters, is it that sort of thing. :lol:
Not sure about the rollercoaster, but my hubby and son, who was 9at the time, went on the Slingshot. Not for the faint hearted!! :shock: They got a video, a t shirt each, and a certificate with a picture of them on. £30 it cost, but well worth it!! :wink:
thanks cromwell. we've done the sling shot before, its a fantastic giggle. we fly on the 31st and really excited.
I can't say what's on the park, we only walked past it after we took a wrong turn when we were being nosey, but it looked OK for the younger end.
Go Karts, small rides etc., but I didn't notice any big rides.
Thanks PARKY45, I think we will still have a bit of look, always up for a laugh. We are more looking forward to the waterpark anyway. just think :lol: this time next week we will be on the plane with big big smiles on our faces, we are both excited :lol: 8) :lol:
Being an old giffer, I didn't bother with the water park or the amusement park. There was far too much drinking time to be lost. :wink: :wink:

We had a great time and hope you do too.

Parky
If you go on the website AyiaNapaWorld.com, it tells you quite a bit you need to know about Ayia Napa. It looks like its a couple of years old, but im sure all the rides, bars etc are still there! Try it and see, anyway :gluck :wave
thanks that helped. looks like there is some good stuff there. have been on the skycoaster before and would definatly recommend it, much much better than the reverse bungee ball. :lol:
Funny you said that, my son has said he wants to try the skycoaster when we go back again next year! Think i will give it a miss though!! :shock:
be brave, it's amazing. just think of that wonderful view, once you open youre eyes that is...... :shock: .........
Sorry but im a bit boring.... like to have my feet firmly on the ground! Went to Flamingoland a few weeks ago for the weekend, so could go on rides as many times as we wanted! I went on the Corkscrew and a couple of other rides, but that was it. My kids, on the other hand, went on EVERY single ride, no kidding! The CliffHanger thrusts you 400feet in the air, stops, then plummits back down again! :shock: My legs were shaking just watching it! :?
Anybody been to or going to Ayia Napa in September? Is it still lively. How much would i roughly get a last minute deal for? Anyone who knows of any useful websites for booking cheap holidays would be helpful
In answer to your first question.....yes it is still very lively in September.
I've seen last minute deals as low as £299 in September but that was last
year and flying the next day.
Check out Teletext holidays, they usually have some deals. The thing about "cheap" deals is they are usually last minute.

Helenxx
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.