Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
Ayia Napa
209 Posts
We are on holiday in Protaras for a week in September, staying at the Kapetanios Bay Hotel.

I understand that there is a fun fair located in Ayia Napa, can anyone tell me anything about it or have a link to a website?

Is it possible to walk from Protaras to Ayia Napa or is it too far?

Thanks.
Hi Fergal, we always go to the fair in Ayia Napa, its the best! :yipee
Last year my son (years old at the time) and hubby went on the "Slingshot" - not for the faint hearted! :omg
Theres a little rollercaster, loads of rides etc for younger children, Wild Mouse, ........... cant remember much more, all i can remember is my son and hubbys faces (you can watch the reaction of the people on the slingshot live!) when it flung them into the air! :rofl
anyone got any pictures of the fair, would it be worth travelling to from paphos? is it all year round? or what times between?
Chris, it might be a bit far to go from Paphos to Ayia Napa just to go to the fair - maybe you could make a full day of it though............. go to the waterpark during the day, Funfair on the night! :yipee
You never know, you may even meet somebody who will let you stay at theirs overnite, so you dont have to do the long journey back to Paphos! :wink: :wave
Hi Fergal

It's too far to walk there, although you can catch the buses (regular and good service) for 70 cents each way (if I remember rightly) and it runs quite late too.

Kezza
How much would you estimate the cost of a taxi from Protaras to Ayia Napa?
you never know cromwell, may find someone that would let me stay at theirs, just to sleep i'd like to add
Sorry Chris, thats what i meant........... :oops: i should have worded it
better. :wink:
When we were there in July it ranged from CYP£7 going there and between CYP£8 and CYP£10 coming back (late)
I am thinking about getting a late deal and going back over on the 7th does anybody know when the clubs start closing for the season ?

Do they still shut ? I can remember there used to be end of season parties :D
Hi,end of October most of them close.September you'll be fine. :)
Things in Napa don't close until at least the end of October in fact some places stay open until earl Nov in my experience.

September is a great month to go............not too crowded and no screaming kids to contend with :wink:
Great all i have to do now is wait for the prices to be reduced :lol:
We're going on 3rd,can't wait.Hope you find a bargain-Good Luck :)
We are staying in paphos next year for three weeks but are looking at going aya napa for a few night, does anyone know of a hotel that would let us rent a room for just 3 nights, and also needs to be close to the busy nightlife. Any info would be great thanks.
Hi Chris

I'm sure most do, we've just booked into apartments in Protaras for 3 nights. We used http://www.bookings.net/ - just type Ayia Napa in the destination, put in the dates and it comes up with a list.

Kezza 8)
the adams beach hotel is a fantastic hotel and do booking of unlimited nights. You can contact Maria Antasasi front office manager on adams@adams.com.cy
wicked thanks for you help, but wont be going untiull next year, thanks for the email that will be a great help
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.