Bulgaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Bulgaria
When we took our son on holiday as a baby I always took formula with me,boiled bottled water and put it in his bottles then took a small container of powdered formula and added it as required.No need to refrigerate or to keep warm,he drunk it at room temperature.I found it much easier this way,you know then that your daughter has something to keep her going if she refuses the food offered .
You'll certainly see cow's milk, usually in 1 litre containers (either plastic bottles or packs) - Milk is 'Мляко' (Mlyako) and Cow is 'кравe' (Krave). кисело мляко (Kiselo Mlyako) is yoghourt.

You will see examples of both, currently being offered by the CBA chain of supermarkets, in the image below - 'Пастьоризирано мляко' in the description means 'Pasteurised Milk' and the 3.2% means that it is full fat. Semi-skimmed & skimmed are usually labelled as 2% and 1% respectively.

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y258/JP1948/BGMilk.jpg
Hi,read the post about delays at the airport and not having enough food or milk for the 18month old and it will probably make sense for you to take powdered formula with you and not rely on cow's milk,powdered milk would have been allowed through security and bottled water is available practically everywhere,maybe even boiled water would have been available from food outlets.As other people have posted it is really the responsibility of parents to provide food and drink for young children who cannot eat the food offered during a long delay.I took formula with me until my son was two,he also liked marmite sandwiches so I took them too.Hope this advice help,T.
If you come out the front of Kuban, turn left (away from the sea) cross the main road, at the lights, its busy, and the supermarket, whose name I forget is just along to the right, set back from the main road.
A big :tup everyone for the advice. I think I'll take some milk with me to last a day or two. Then i can get some at the supermarket.

Thanks again

kelly
Justjoe
The supermarket you refer to is the Balli, open 24hours. It is at the rear of the Hotel Diamond.
I know that you must be able to buy baby milk and baby food in Sunny Beach but can you get english brands or does anyone know what there equivalent is. Our baby will be 6months when we travel.
Hi, the supermarkets in Albena are a lot smaller than those in Sunny Beach, yet they stocked loads of baby foods, if my memory serves me right, It was Hippo brand. Tonyt
In most Bulgarian mini markets/supermarkets/childrens' stores (Детски Магазини/Detski Magazini)/chemists (Aптеки/Apteki), you will find the usual multinational/international brands, such as Kraft, Heinz, Pampers, Nestlé, etc., etc., as well as Bulgarian brands.

As Sunny Beach really only exists as a town in the summer and is mainly for tourists, I'd be surprised if you don't find at least some names that you recognise, if not 'English' brands.

Baby food in Bulgarian is 'Храна за бебе' (Hrana za bebe), baby milk is 'мляко за бебе' (Mlyako za bebe).
Hi i have been to Sunny Beach 3 times before, but this time me and my wife have an 18month old son with us who drinks cows milk (whole milk, full fat pasteurised milk). I was wondering if anyone could help me, is this milk easy to get hold of? How will we be able to tell which one is full fat? And how much does it cost?
many thanks
Mark
  • Edited by mark win 2010-07-11 19:53:11
hi mark and welcome to HT! I've merged your query to a thread which should help a little
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.