Spain - Costa Blanca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Blanca.
Back home
4 Posts
Hi, got back from Benidorm Thursday teatime after an hour and a half delay.
The weather has been great except Sunday pm when it rained heavy.

I would like to thank my brother and sister-in-law for making me most welcome and putting me up or should I say putting up with me. :rofl

We ate out every night and had some lovely meals, the chateaubriand at Hoff Van Holland is to die for!

Had breakfast at the Drop Inn on Calle Londre 3 days on the trot, it's always nice, friendly staff, freshly cooked and reasonably priced too. It's no wonder i've put 2 kilos on.

I still haven't managed to see the Queen show but will endeavour to do so when I go back in May/June.

I did see Johnathan James again at the Palladium who is very good and was disappointed not to be able to see the stage hypnotist Terry Foster who was performing at the Rose and Crown on Calle Ibiza on Thursday and Friday, as when we have seen him previously at the Flamingo Oasis we've really enjoyed his show.

We had a nosey in at the Ice rink on the Europa and soon came to realise that it is no more! It looks as though it has been closed for a while now, the ceiling is almost collapsing and the ice has all melted, to be quite honest it didn't look a though it had been that good in the first place. I expected a nice big rink with perhaps a bar area but it was barely twice the size of my lounge!

People are still smoking at gate 22? but you have to go to the right of the English pub now to gain access to it as there is building work going on. A member of staff came round just the once whilst I was there and politely advised people that smoking was not allowed but as soon as she disappeared everyone lit up again.

Roll on May for my next holiday, it seems soooo far away. :(

Sue :)
Hi !

Back today - just finished unpacking! Got central heating on, and my thick fluffy jim jams - cant believe I was sat outside the airport at dinner time, sunning myself- it was red hot!

Hey sue - didnt it come down on sunday? one minute we were sat outside the gold mine having a jug of sangria - and the next minute , the heavens just opened - within 5 minutes the promenade was deserted :) , but from then onwards though it was red hot every day!

- stayed at the venus- lovely hotel, - although son was a tad disappointed their were no other children in the hotel - we couldnt believe it either- I'd say it was 99% over 75's! Which was fine by me! I've never stayed at such a quiet hotel - you could hear a pin drop round the pool :) Would definately go back- although I think my son would prefer a more livelier hotel!

Saw a few acts- tony scott, ricky stevens, etc.... went to aqualand, which we thought was great- 29E for the 3 of us (Thanks to a discount leaflet we got before going). I have a couple of mundamar tickets if anyone wants them (5E adults, and 3E per child) - after 4. Went to albir, altea, and the markets - got some lovely leather boots, shoes, and bag. Watched the parade on saturday in the old town.

Will do my hotel report tommorow.

Belly
Mundamar tickets taken!

Belly
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.