Well time to search for my next joint- meaning trip, erm ok nothing to do with drugs lol! We stayed at the BHC posted report here http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/reviews/malta/bugibba/bugibba-holiday-complex-hotel/

Last time there for us but it has served us well in the past. The kids learned to swim there over the years so good memories. I would put money on it that it closed for good this winter. Although you can still book it for next August! Might be worth a gamble to get a swap. I hear they have an agreement with the Topaz or better still another hotel within there group. To risky for me though as I just don't want to stay there again.
Had a great time as always though. And yes there were loads of students there! No problems though except when school was out ie Sundays! Then they were all in the pool! From our 7th floor balcony all we could see were dark head Italians filling the pool so much so that they looked like tadpoles! Sofrom then on that's what we called them lol! Make sure you avoid the tadpoles at dinner too!!!