Greece - Corfu Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Corfu.
Didn't enjoy it then :rofl

please remember to submit your hotel report

thanks
wizard
That's brill Liz :tup glad you had a good time. I'm off to Sidari in August can't wait!
Glad you had a good time. We are thinking of going to corfu this year. Never been before usually go to turkey but have been hearing how much it has gone up recently. We didn't get away last year as my husband was waiting for 2 operations which have now been completed so feel we deserve a breakthis year. We like quieter resorts but with some things going on as we have a 14 year old with us. We usually go self catering and look after ourselves during the day and eat out at night. Can you give me an ideal of cost of meals and drinks. We do like a bottle of wine with dinner!!! so any idea of that cost would be great. Thanks in advance. ESM :sun2
Hi ESM

Sidari is as quiet or as lively as you want and it is really reasonable to eat out. Some restaurants do set menu's for 10 euros for3 courses and even at normal menu price it would be approx 35 euro for 3 courses plus wine for 2 people...hope this helps.
Thanks for the reply Liz. Sounds pretty reasonable then. Just a case of finding somewhere to stay. Not having been to greece for a long time surprised at how many apartments are just studios. Stayed in a 2 bed apartment last time we were away and realised what a luxury it was not to climb over bodies in the lounge in the morning. It really was most enjoyable. I know we won't be able to mfind that but I do at least want 1 bedroom and i will just climb over the 1 son this year. ESM :wave:
Have a look at the Paradise Hotel they are appartments 1 bed and studios they are with Thomas Cook we have stayed there twice. They are in a great location in Sidari and we have just booked to go back next year to the same ones.
Hi Liz, is the greek restaurant next to babylon bar you mentioned called dionysis (?) we liked the look of it when we where there last year, but everytime we went past it was always empty, were off to sidari again in 31 days (yippee) so will give it a try, empty or not ha!!!
Yes I think thats rings a bell haha....it looks empty because everyone sits at the very back overlooking the sea and it is packed out at the back.
It was the best on the strip by a mile.
Hi Liz, thanks for that, will defo give it a try now then
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.